or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

If they prefer cashier's check you could always have the sale take place at the parking lot of the seller's bank. Go in, make sure the check is good, then hand over keys and title.
I know that in many states it is the dealer's responsibility to make sure a buyer has insurance before driving off the lot; is it not the same for a private sale? Genuine question, I have no idea...
I would. Can't imagine that going commando in a tuxedo would be fun. Though in that case I'd suggest the silk variety
I bought these and they're gorgeous:http://www.barneys.com/crockett-%26-jones-kensington-loafers-503461727.html#prefn1=brand&prefv1=Crockett+%2526+Jones&start=33This is a nearly identically styled, but somewhat less expensive (and less shiny) option:https://www.paulstuart.com/men-s/formal-wear/noche-formal-slip-on.html
You mention Midwest, how far are you from Chicago? It's the sort of thing Paul Stuart might have, though their online selection is a bit limited. Also worth checking Morris and Sons, as they have a lot of interesting, odd dinner jackets (though they can be very pricy). I think your leaning towards velvet over silk is a good call for a couple of reasons. First is durability; silk can easily get runs. Second is versatility; this will probably get a lot more wear since it's...
That's fair. The irony, of course, is that she associates DB with "overly formal rigidity" when, in fact, the DB tux is typically considered less formal than a SB. However that's probably a losing argument in this situation .I like the idea of having odd DJ/trouser combo for a less formal event assuming the setting is right (more intimate type setting, in an old school "social club" vs. a DJ and neon lights). I think I'd also probably choose to go with the same color as...
One of my two absolute "musts" for our wedding was that what I wear was in my sole discretion, within the confines of whatever level of formality my now-wife wanted. Worked well as part of my overall "If you ask my opinion I'm going to give it to you and you'll have to take it into account but in 95% of circumstances if you tell me what we're doing I'll just go with it". The suit fell into the 5% (though she didn't care; she know's I've got good taste).Out of curiosity,...
On some level I think the lower quality is to be expected, seeing as they are now starting around $1k (think they used to start around $1,300). I think $350 is a good price to buy at as well. I like the Black Label suits, which now are around $1,900-2,000 and I generally try and find them for at least 60% off (so same discount).
A number of interesting suggestions so far.The link/turn-back option seems a bit inherently less formal, which is fine, if the environment will be on the less formal side of BT. Those details aren't my taste, since they seem overall a bit precious for my taste (and details for the sake of details). But what do I know...I like T&T's suggestion for a DB DJ, but my question would be about silk and how easily it would get damaged as you are inevitably "hug-raped" throughout...
Sure, my point was just that the model alone doesn't mean much in terms of the owner's financial situation given the range of cars out there with that designation. But of course there are deadbeats out there in all socioeconomic brackets.