or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

Why don't you borrow the black cummerbund and get a dark red self-tie bow if they have one? That is also a perfectly acceptable warm weather combo with a cream DJ.
Yes. Typically designers will "dress" stars, so that they can claim credit for doing so. They'll send over something and I'm sure it'll have minimal tailoring.
No, he's not. If you look closer you'll see that it's one of those tuxes that has a satin waistband in lieu of a cummerbund (made by/for someone who has forgotten the purpose of a cummerbund).
Ha, thanks. Out of curiosity, are you a true 42L or somewhere in between? I only ask because I often see tuxes worn a bit shorter and trimmer than suits. In the RLBL I always have to take a long but the biggest reason for that is needing the extra rise in the trouser (since I don't like them as fitted as a lot of guys who buy them probably do).The RL store also had a Polo tux that was black with grosgrain facings for $989 (down from $1,650) and if the stores have the 30%...
I'm no expert in this, but if you know you'll have to add significant waist suppression, and want a ventless jacket, wouldn't it be better to start with a vented jacket, take in the waist, then close the vents post-fitting? I feel like there is more latitude to work with and, worst case scenario, the vents are left in place.
However in Fred's and Cary's day, the fit men weren't as fit as today, nor were the fat men as fat (I'm giving those in this thread the benefit of the doubt that they fall into the former category ). Men didn't regularly do intense cycling, or go to a gym and do squats, and Applebees, Red Lobster and corn syrup weren't really a thing yet. There were also costume designers on hand (as well as deep-pocketed producers picking up the tab) to ensure these guys had perfectly...
probably less so than you checking the vent status of others...
True, but I think he'd been quorum an earlier post of mine where I suggested cents would be preferable on a double breasted jacket, as it's meant to remain closed even when seated.In also in the category of having a ugh quads/glutes to waist ratio. My rear just bumps up on the back of my jacket on my new tux but I was cautioned not to let it out at all for the reasons discussed above. It looks fine when buttoned and doesn't create any pull in front so I'm fine with it...
Or because it's July and not many people are thinking about a cashmere tux ATM. One or the other. 50/50 on which it is .
Not only will it go unnoticed, it will be much easier to tie. Grosgrain trends to be thicker and more difficult to work with.And good call on going with a cummerbund and braces! The cummerbund is essential (unless opting for a vest) and though technically optional (based on the fit of the pants and whether they have side adjusters) I think braces are the way to go. That way it's possible to leave a little room in the waist and be more comfortable. I now wear them with all...