or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

I think that the BL suits will fit in with the PL just fine, as an extension of that line. I don't find the Anthony, the flagship cut, to be particularly "trendy"; that would be the Austin (soft shoulder, higher buttoning point, half lined), but the Anthony, with its very English style (large, structured shoulder, lower buttoning stance) is anything but "super trendy". You're dead on regarding the sportswear (or that horrible, short-lived Black Label Denim sub-line); that...
Interesting. I was eyeing the plaid for when the next markdown hit (or the glitch returned) but may have to reconsider. A pity as I love the pattern and in general prefer peak lapel suits. That double breasted looked nice too but pretty sure my size was gone.
Just doesn't feel as substantial when it comes to a real business suit. It doesn't indicate lesser quality per se, but it indicates a more casual style and perhaps represents cost-cutting.
Out of curiosity, which Anthony suits did you try that you thought weren't particularly great?
Out of curiosity, which model suits did you order? I haven't seen any decline with the Anthony model, but I won't buy the Austin because I don't believe in half-lined suit jackets (casual sport coats, fine, but not suits). I'm guessing the goal was to get them made on the cheap and unfortunately they constitute more than half of what's on sale.
Any solid shirt has to be white here, otherwise the outfit will look hopelessly 90s. In theory, I could see a grey POW check shirt or black/white striped shirt working with a black suit, but probably not for to BT-optional affair.
I don't think I'd do that outfit. A black suit might be OK for this type of thing, but I wouldn't do the light grey shirt/dark grey tie. Perhaps a white shirt (new one if you have to) and perhaps a burgundy tie, perhaps with white polkadots. Also, no button-down collars for this type of event and no patent shoes with a non-tuxedo, ever.
It's unlikely it will, unless it's a seasonal variety. For example, a few years ago they did a double breasted, which eventually went on sale. And I got a midnight peak lapel one at Neiman's last summer on sale. The only one that may get cleared out eventually (and I have no idea; you'd have to contact the store) is the blue shawl lapel version I saw this season. It's bluer than the midnight one I have, but has midnight facings. Not sure if it's supposed to be a new staple...
I saw the movie and actually thought it was a fit. The style of the car says "reckless" but the model is exactly the sort an immature trust fund baby without too much real income would buy. At least that was my take - he wanted to self destruct but was a bit too much of a coddled pussy to really do it.
Probably just struck someone at the studio as being the right fit. Or they wanted to be able to drive it when the film wasn't shooting .