or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

Sorry, I should have clarified... On the pair with straight pockets, the braid does not cover the seam, rather the silk is to one side of the seam but the braid is thin enough, and the edges symmetrical enough, that one does not realize they are looking at the seam unless you look at the underside. On the pair with slanted pockets, the silk is merely sewn over the seam and you can see very faint stitching along the outer edges of the braid on each side.Both pairs have back...
Actually, the pictured trousers appear to be a single pleat.Just checked my own trousers and one pair appears to have the braid right at the seam, but just behind it while the other has it covering the seam.
Sorry, but I'm just not buying this as an essential element of tuxedo trousers. I care much more about a flattering fit, which in my case involves flat fronts and the truth of the matter is that if one keeps his jacket on, as he's supposed to, nobody is going to see anyways. Also, contrary to the example you showed, I thought the whole purpose of the braid was to cover the seam?
There are two fairly traditional tuxedos hanging in my closet, one Zegna the other RL, and one has slant pockets, the other has straight. However in both cases the satin stripe runs behind the pocket, not over it, so the slanting is immaterial. Now, this probably has a lot to do with the fact that mine are relatively slim fitting and flat front (neither of which seems to appeal to the OP). On a more traditional fitting, pleated trouser, it should be possible to find...
Well, J. Crew restocks all the time, so keep a lookout. However the Austin Reed ones seem like they might be less expensive.If you have the motivation/patience and a good enough tailor, I think it would also be possible to have a pair of dark navy trousers "converted". All you'd need to do is have the satin stripe added down the side and belt loops removed. Granted it would look like shit if a subpar tailor did it, but a good one could probably do the work just fine....
I understand having difficulty with Isaia's fits; I'm the same way because the button stance is way too high for me.Peak vs. shawl is largely a matter of preference. If I'm only going to have one tuxedo, I'd prefer it be a peak but that's completely arbitrary. Some say the shawl is a little less formal but there are virtually no scenarios today where it'll really matter.Your idea about an alternate jacket isn't a bad one, particularly if you go with something very...
I've tried the slim fit trousers and found them to be too tight; I also have big legs but only wear flat-front pants, but these were still wayyy too slim. While still flat-front, you could try these, they may be a bit more generous:http://www.austinreed.co.uk/fcp/product/austinreed/Black-Tie-Suits/Navy-Flat-Front-Dresswear-Trousers/14140http://www.austinreed.co.uk/fcp/product/austinreed/Black-Tie-Suits/FF-NAVY-DRESSWEAR-PIPED-TROUSERS/17490It's also worth just looking...
I would go (and indeed did go) with the RLBL if choosing between the tuxedos you have selected. Armani black label isn't always full canvased anymore and is probably lower quality than the others but likely the most expensive (to put things in perspective, the Armani white label tux, which is of significantly lower quality than Armani black, retails for $2,095 while RLBL retails for $2,295). RLBL and EZ are probably similar quality but the RL will likely be about $500...
All depends on the color. If both are black then I definitely don't see a problem; in fact I think as long as the slippers are the same color as the trousers (black or midnight) then you should be fine. I wouldn't do burgundy jacket and slippers, for example, but as long as you're using colors you otherwise would and just changing the material of the shoes then it should be nice looking.