or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

So, your wife finally told you what she came here to tell us months ago?
I just looked, and what's really staggering is this: In 1996, when Lexus first introduced the LX, the MSRP was about $47,500. By contrast, the Land Cruiser was about $40,200. The Lexus was fetching about an 18% premium when comparing base models. Today, that difference is about a 3.8% premium. In 1996 the base Lexus ES300 cost $32,400 with the base Camry costing $16,750. When comparing starting prices, the difference was over 90%. Today, the Camry starts at $23k while...
And don't you remember the horribly cheap looking ES250 which predated the 300 (exact same thing, only an uglier version of the Camry)?Back then at least Lexus and Infiniti limited themselves to only one car that was a rebadged version of a less expensive car (Maxima/I30). Then, once the SUV craze got into full swing there were more and more of them. Oh, and then there was Acura's entire lineup where all but the NSX were rebadged Hondas. Well, that and the SLX, which was...
Not sure I fully understand? Are you talking about a true protection car, up-armored by a third party? If so, I'd have thought the lower profile of the Land Cruiser would be desirable.
I wasn't actually thinking about how the LC is equipped vs the LX, more about a Camry with all the options vs. the ES or loaded Highlander vs. the RX. However, you bring up a very interesting point which is that, if the equipment level on the LX is noticeably higher than that of the LC, why such a small difference in price.Similarly with the dealership/ownership experience; if it's that much better, why pay almost as much for the LC? All this gets back to my real point,...
I have one DB suit and I love it. Quite badass, IMO, especially when cut with more modern proportions.
The exact reason you cite to offer both at their current prices is the exact reason I wouldn't. In my mind it creates some brand dilution in the broader marketplace because it contradicts the idea that a Lexus is such a large step above a Toyota. In reality, when you have comparably equipped models, there's not a huge price difference, but on the Toyotas, much of that equipment is optional or not available on base models (such as six-cylinder engines on the Camry and...
Why does Toyota still offer the US models of the Land Cruiser and Lexus the LX? With only a $3k price difference (or less than 4%) is there really a point? Contrast that with the other models common to both ranges, the Camry/ES and Highlander/RX and there's a much wider price (and presumably feature) discrepancy. And, on top of that, Toyota offers the Sequoia, which is the same size category as the Land Cruiser but a dramatically lower price point. Contrast that with what...
Well, "back in the day" when standards were a bit different, I think that the DB suit had more need for the waistcoat than the DB DJ. Why? Because back when braces were considered "underwear" one could probably only remove their suit coat if they were wearing a waistcoat. So, most suits probably would have been three-piece variants. At no time has it been considered acceptable to remove one's DJ, so no need. Also, with a DB suit and typical suit waistcoat, the waistcoat...
No need for AWD; a Prius is best left up on blocks and used for the sole purpose of letting kids play in and pretending they are in a futuristic spaceship. I rode in one recently and the dash totally reminded me of what early 90s movie set designers were thinking when they had to design a futuristic spaceship.