or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

I decided to order the Suit Supply tux shirt to try and it arrived today. It definitely wins the award for most idiotically designed tux shirt ever. What moron thought that a tux shirt with five, count 'em, five stud holes was a good idea?! When I get a $99 tux shirt, I think it's assumed that I'm not going to want to put work into it by jerry-rigging some solution so that my four-stud set will work instead of the cheap crap included. I guess that this, along with a bib...
Well, you'll have to get cracking then!Not sure if the site you have access to is different than the normal one, but one (annoying) thing that I've found, which is good to know if looking via the regular site, is that items which should appear under multiple headings often don't. For example, if I click on the "Black Label Sale" tab, the suit I referenced doesn't show up, but if I click on "Suits & Sport Coats" sale tab then it does. Found the same thing with Purple Label...
I have a few and they definitely aren't as slim as the black. I'd say they are a bit bigger through the trunk than my Charles Tyrwhitt extra slims, and the arms are also noticeably bigger (which doesn't matter when I wear a jacket). Though I haven't tried them in years I'd say they're probably similar to Brooks Bros. slim fit.I also just called the store and was told that all they had left were some windowpane pattern shirts, one in blue the other in burgundy. Barrel...
Well then, aren't I just a big-mouthed asshole And I thought they were a good deal as-is! If you're a 42L there's a gorgeous Black Label double breasted suit in blue with a white pinstripe (which I got when the extra 30% sale was happening a couple weeks ago).
I think I know how you're planning to do that, and I think you'll be "disappointed" to learn that you'll be paying $201 (my wife used to work for RL corporate and the discount on sale stuff is only 40%).
Were they all button cuff (as seems to be common these days) or were there some double cuff ones too?
Not quite. They are an additional 40% off, bringing them down to $335, or about 70% off. I now have a pair on the way .
Assuming you're talking east of the river (museums, stadium, etc) then it's been decent for quite some time. It's as you go west that I consider it more of a boundary point.When I was first learning Chicago (mid-90s) I recall being told that one didn't want to go much south of the Loop and the West Loop was really a dump. Today I consider Roosevelt and the surrounding area perfectly safe for someone who knows the area, knows big cities and knows when to stop walking...
Seek and ye shall find:http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/men's-sport-and-casual-shirts/Sky-gingham-check-non--iron-extra-slim-fit-shirt?q=usddefault||cv024sky|||||1862,||||||||The extra slim is probably similar to BB extra slim albeit perhaps a tiny bit larger in the chest and narrower in the waist for any given size. No experience with the 'regular' slim fit from either.
I'd say that if you're north of Roosevelt, east of Western and south of Lawrence, it's pretty safe. It's when you get south of the South Loop, into the far West Side and the extreme northern end of the city that you get into some bad neighborhoods. That being said, in a big city you should always be careful but the violence you see in the news will predominantly be outside the perimeter I mentioned. I'm sure that my perimeter is also quite conservative, but those happen to...