or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

There's no hate on HF suits with these characteristics. More the partially canvassed, lower end fabric suits they are producing more and more of. Guarantee those PRL suits will not be full canvas; they weren't even doing full canvas on the previous seasons' suits and they were selling for about $300 more.
I guess the distinction I draw, and this is totally personal, is there's no point to an E63, but I understand. What I don't understand is the idea of combining track-worthy performance numbers with an SUV body. If I want to drive really really fast some times that's great, but I'd want a car that's meant to be driven like a performance machine, not one originally designed to haul lots of kids and gear to soccer.
Do the Aston Martin DB9, Jaguar XK and Maserati GT count as "big ass coupes" and if so, were they not in the running?
Still not sure I understand the point of the GL AMG. Never really saw a purpose to an SUV that goes that fast, but I suppose it's one of those things you buy because you can and for no other reason. Even if performance is a purchasing factor, the 550 is still plenty quick.
Actually, I don't see an E coupe there, I see a Honda Accord coupe when looking from the side. Not good...Yea, the only company to really make a big-ass coupe look good has been Bentley, but sadly the last one, the Brooklands, hasn't been around in some years (those VW-powered Continentals do NOT count). The previous generation of Bentley coupes, that went away in the late 90s, were also stunningly beautiful.
Wholeheartedly agree. My favorite of all times was the last LR-designed, first BMW-built RR; something I just loved about that car:And the original RR Sport (when it still had the obligatory matte black plastic doorhandles) was very similar in design and proportions, which I think is why I like it so much:
Of course that was when AWD cars were few and far between. Today there are the crossover and AWD wagons that basically occupy the same segment. Sort of the principle behind the Audi Allroad or Volvo XC 70.
So basically what you're saying is that when you take something really ugly, but practical, and trade 40% of the practicality for an extra 60% ugliness, it becomes significantly less appealing? Who'da thunk it...
All true. My point was that these have come around relatively recently, so that mixture of pure performance and practicality haven't been around terribly long or combined terribly often. Luxury sedans with 400-550 bhp are relatively new (other than those customized with aftermarket attachments).Doh, didn't even see a link there; was too distracted by the sheer ugliness of the car The fact that it's referred to as the GLE Coupe leaves open the possibility that the ML will...
No idea. And to be honest, it may be one of those "time will tell" situations. I mean think about it, how long have we really had production four-door sedans capable of sub-five second, let alone sup-four second 0-60 times? Used to be that the benchmark for a full-sized luxury car was six seconds, with the moderately tuned XJR, E/S55, 540/M5 and S6/8 being the "monsters" that posted 0-60 times of between five and six seconds. Those didn't require nearly the tuning and...