or Connect

Posts by TimelesStyle

All depends on the color. If both are black then I definitely don't see a problem; in fact I think as long as the slippers are the same color as the trousers (black or midnight) then you should be fine. I wouldn't do burgundy jacket and slippers, for example, but as long as you're using colors you otherwise would and just changing the material of the shoes then it should be nice looking.
Think full-body mug shots (minus the head, if shy ).More than too long, the first pic makes the jacket look way too big, but I think that's mostly the effect of the vents flaring out a bit (not to reopen the vents vs. no vents on a tuxedo debate...). From that angle the jacket looks much larger than the trousers.If you've lost weight, the first thing to do would be to have the jacket taken in a bit, then see where things stand. After that, if you still think it's too long,...
SF-affiliate eHaberdasher's Benjamin line will be your best bet in that price range by far. No idea your size, but browse through what's available and don't be shy about reaching out to Ben himself on this forum, either via his affiliate thread or PM. Unlike what you're looking at, this will have full canvas construction and since they aren't made to order, you can buy a couple sizes to try and return what doesn't...
Touche! However, the Italians still put belt loops on suit trousers unless tabs/plain are specifically requested. Though I agree that Belvest is among the most English-looking cuts around (particularly given the 8in drop many have).
While I wouldn't go so far as to say "waiter's uniform", I agree that it's not the most traditional choice for conservative formal occasions. However it quickly seems that it's becoming an acceptable alternative.Wouldn't personally choose it but I think it's much more productive to help the OP properly outfit it, because he clearly seems to like it. However, should the OP have second thoughts I'm sure he'll find plenty of advice about alternatives.
The tie and cummerbund should match the facings (silk covering the lapels and trouser side seams) so you'll want to stick with black. If you choose a waistcoat (vest) instead of a cummerbund it should either be in the same material as the tuxedo (not an option here) or the same material as the facings (in this case black silk). Given how bright the blue of the tuxedo is, I wouldn't do a vest, since that will be too much black right in the middle; a cummerbund is a better...
No personal experience with either. All I know is that Launer are considered excellent quality and I think Ettinger is considered similar (though they lack the Royal Warrant, if you care about that).
There was only one Launer dealer I knew of in the US, and they are in NY (if they even still sell them). Launer has a website from which to order directly, and they'll quote you in USD.
In that case, I think you'll like Launer a lot actually.
If you like bright colors consider Launer, which will be black or brown on the outside but colorful inside. Valextra, though only single colors, has great wallets too in many shades. There's also Paul Smith but I've heard quality is lacking.