or Connect

Posts by arnold76

They can be had on sale with a bit of sleuthing. In fact, just this past weekend bloomingdales had a men's sale with a gift card for $175 on $500 in purchases, and backcountry had 20% off everything including for a shortwhile CG. At the current retail price, I feel the value proposition is misaligned. If I were in the market, I would keep an eye on authorized retailers that might have a sale or coupon code.
If anyone is curious I picked up my moc toe's at http://www.boots-usa.com they regularily have 10% off sales. Total came to $108
Quote: Originally Posted by rfpgh I bought a pair of these from Endless (size 10B, the last pair of dress shoes I bought was 10.5B) and found that the toe box was really long. I don't know, maybe that's just the way this style of boots is generally constructed? I basically felt like I was wearing clown shoes. When I was trying to decide whether to keep them or not I found an old Styleforum thread complaining about this with respect to the Epaulet...
david3558 I haven't stepped into a Brannock device to measure my size since 3rd grade. But for sake of comparison I wear Loake's in mayfair last 7F UK, Hugo Boss 8D US
Both of those look great and I did not come across them on the website. I agree that the RW have the edge in looks, but on par in terms of quality and construction. For the price you can't go wrong, the RW are twice as expensive but definitly not twice as good. Plus, I couldn't justify wearing a $250 pair of RW through salt/snow winter as I intend to with the thorogood.
Thanks MSSneaker for clarifying, I wear sorel's in size 9US as well
First post. In my research I could find very little information on this boot so hopefully you find this review helpful, especially if you are concerned with quality and sizing. The Thorogood Moc Toe is very handsome and considerably cheaper than red wing, I paid $110. Style wise they are not as refined, and much more rugged, it's a true workman's boot. The quality of the leather is identical to RW and I have heard they are sourced from the same tannery; therefore if...