or Connect

Posts by Tyrone MacStiophain

2 questions about a Ralph Lauren Rugby blazer, made in Italy. 1. Is this made by Cantarelli? 2. If so, is it possible that it's not fully canvassed? It's not passing the pinch test.
So does the dye.
My mom just took my grandpa's Bulova to a watch maker to get it tuned and cleaned up. I hope it looks that good when I get it back!
Usually when "I have a feeling" that I'll find something great, I'm mistaken. Today I had a feeling. The shirts were nice, but not nice enough, and I've lately been thinking shirts aren't really worth it for flipping (which is what I'm doing with all of today's finds). But I just had a feeling there was a RLPL in there.BANG! Along with Etro and Ascot Chang/Loro Piana.Thanks to @1ofTheCoolKids for caucusing with @SpecialK2k12, @tben, and @Ken P to help identify Zegna as...
Whaddaya mean "actually"? They're actually fucking awesome. Nice finds!
Thanks!Re: guitar. Except for a few weeks in my first year of playing, shredding was never my goal. I played guitar and sang in the grunge years, started a roots/garage rock band after that, then put the guitar down around 2007, and rarely touched it after that. I recently was talked into playing lead guitar in a classic country cover band--something that would have been way too cheesy for me when I was younger, but is really fun now. Besides, I grew up on 70s country. But...
Since I'm already up past my bedtime, here's a thrift fit from this week, along with a plea for opinions. PRL by Corneliani Blazer (thrifted). Club Monaco trousers (old). Turnbull & Asser shirt (thrifted). Gieves & Hawke Tie (thrifted). No name pocket scarf (thrifted). Allen Edmonds shoes (thrifted). The blazer above is my SECOND of two PRL DB navy blazers. The other, pictured below, is vintage USA made, and I had MOP buttons put on about a week before I found the...
A few bits from a quick trip with @1ofTheCoolKids Everything n/a. Dale of Norway. Celine and BB Makers Aldens. These may need to be stripped and refinished, but will probably be worth it. Cashy Sammy. And this cowhide Wings suitcase. I have no idea if it's valuable, and I can't imagine using it, even though the inside is spotless. Who uses actual suitcases these days? It'll probably hold sweaters under my bed.
Friday night thrifting:Su Misura number two!Is "Silkskin" a thing? Anyway, it's minty.And, the first 3-piece suit I've found worth keeping. A 1966 Oxxford Clothes. FF pants, unvented jacket with jetted (no flaps) pockets. I'm about to google the previous owner.And in the trouser pocket, a special surprise: [[SPOILER]]
I've had a pretty fucked up month, so haven't been up to posting any finds, but I have been out to the shops. And, when I put the highlights of that month into one post, it resembles the one-day haul of one of our thread all-stars. All of these are headed straight to teh Bay, if not already there.Kenzo Homme knit chore coat? Shacket? I'm going with chore coat b-c of the 3/4 length sleeves. [[SPOILER]] Luciano Barbera unlined tweed - looks vintage. I see a lot of Zegna...