or Connect

Posts by csoukoulis

Like the title says anyone ever heard of this maker? They seem to be of good quality and they're made in South Africa. Couldnt find much on google at all
Quote: Originally Posted by mainy FYI: Look at my ebay auctions: http://shop.ebay.com/crazearcade/m.h..._from=&_ipg=25 See those hideous sweaters? I was just offered $1,100 for all 4 of them. If you see old RL sweaters with big images on them, BUY THEM. those are fucking UGLY lol.
found a pretty recent brioni tie and a turnbull & asser tie and a pair of royal imperial wingtips. the shoes are in great condition but i can see the size anywhere on them. any tips to find out the size?
+1 for hairspray
Quote: Originally Posted by 83glt I'm not sure why that guy attacked me like that. I guess some people just have the integrity to know what's appropriate and some don't. I wouldn't even want to begin to count the hours I've spent toiling in gritty filthy thrift stores in a mostly futile effort to find the better spots. If some clown came along in my town and EXPECTED me to just give up whatever little edge I may have EARNED through long bouts of trial and...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC Looks like I missed some drama. Thrift stores are thrift stores for a reason. They're not for everyone. Some people just find them too icky. If you want good deals without thrifting there are outlets, ebay and B&S. Sometimes it's just thrifting burnout. Take a little time off, hit it again in a couple of weeks or a month. Yea i think i just do it too much trying to one up the last cool thing i found lol....
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku It's generally an unwritten rule here that you just don't ask people "where are the hot spots". No offense, but you're probably not going to get any answers anyway. You didn't know that, so don't worry about it. Just move on. Let's get back to sharing finds. That is all. Sounds good to me Quote: Originally Posted by rayxlui You have to see it in a different perspective, your asking...
Quote: Originally Posted by RedRaider folks, folks, folks...can't we all get along. I thrifted briefly in the DFW area until I moved to Cali. It's full of plenty of thrift stores, especially on the FW side of things. Check out stuff in the mid cities or even close by. I've thrifted in Plano too, not bad at all. You really just have to find the stores that are stronger than others and keep going back to them. You'll end up finding some good stuff....
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku ^^ I'm a regular here and it has it's ups and downs. More downs as of late, though. Makes me kinda sad, as this thread is where most of my time is spent here on SF. Wish we could go back to how it used to be. Then you're not looking for a thrift store, you're looking for a consignment shop or second hand boutique. Almost every thrift store I've been to had at least 2 of the 4 things you've...
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican Maybe you should read rather than write. Maybe you should do the same. There is a difference between a store trying to sell a torn shirt with a gigantic stain on it for 7.99, and having most of their inventory balled up on the floor and a store that is somewhat picky with what they will offer for sale, and actually fucking clean the place once in a while. That's all I'm trying to get at. I'm not being a...