or Connect

Posts by fftfft

You should get over this hurdle... I lost my mother (rather suddenly, complications from cancer) about 2 months ago, and I would have beaten myself up if I didn't have the peace of mind/heart that came from telling her that often. You never know what can happen to somebody so, if you feel it, at least say it!
Quote: Originally Posted by Brad I've not had the elusive Westvleteren 12; I'd love to try it. St. Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anniversary Special Edition is phenomenal. Of course this is extremely subjective, but it's the best beer I've ever had, by far. It's a little scary the way it creeps up on you. If you didn't know, you couldn't tell it's 11% abv. I drank a bomber one night last summer and it looped me. Thanks for the warning, have a 750...
Quote: Originally Posted by Denimbar no worries I will have BoO and many other brands for spring. Sounds good, keep us posted!
This may be horribly out of date, but when I was there last summer I thought that the Georgetown COOP had a much better selection than the Chevy Chase one.
I bought my pair off ebay about 8 months ago. Pretty comfortable and (so far) durable.
Quote: Originally Posted by PG2G They had grey perforated CPs at Barney's NY Beverly Hills, and at 40% off. Though, I think they close at 7:00 (1 minute ago) and its a one day sale :P Didn't bother to ask about sizes. Damn I knew I should have gone there when I was nearby today :P
Thanks much for the heads up, picked up a Band of Outsiders shirt at the COOP in Costa Mesa.
For Father Ted fans: http://youtube.com/watch?v=aHh3ykPQEl4
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 so BoO at 40% off from Barney's Coop will be about the same as retail elsewhere, right? Sadly not far off, their markup is about 25% from what I've seen.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Nespresso is the best. The happiest morning of my life was when we changed out our Capresso for a Nespresso. Less than half the price, better coffee and no hassles. Could you comment any further on your experience/opinion re Capresso vs. Nespresso? I'm a long time Nespresso customer in need of a new machine. Capresso intrigues me, but I must say that the number of things that can go wrong with such...