or Connect

Posts by fftfft

Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman I lost my mother at seventeen after she'd had cancer for four years (after an 11 year remission), and it sucks. Definitely do not hold it in. I still cry for her sometimes. But the truth is that time doesn't make it any easier, it just makes the bad times much further apart. And the other truth is that you wouldn't want to ever be sanguine about the loss of one you love -- your pain is a reflection of that love, and...
7x750ml 2005 Chateau Caronne Ste Gemme (Haut-Medoc) ($13.99 @ costco) 1x750ml 1993 Beaulieu Private Reserve Napa Cab (39.99 @ K&L)
Tough subject... I lost my mother in late March to cancer and I'm in my mid-20s. Cliches in this setting exist for a reason...some because they are all that people can think of to tell you when mourning and others because they are good advice. My father and I both try to focus on what she would want us to do... Don't hesitate to get help/talk to people. The hardest part of all of this for me has been more about how she suffered and died "prematurely", and it takes a...
Quote: Originally Posted by MilanoStyle Waterloo Comp Sci Nice department...
You should get over this hurdle... I lost my mother (rather suddenly, complications from cancer) about 2 months ago, and I would have beaten myself up if I didn't have the peace of mind/heart that came from telling her that often. You never know what can happen to somebody so, if you feel it, at least say it!
Quote: Originally Posted by Brad I've not had the elusive Westvleteren 12; I'd love to try it. St. Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anniversary Special Edition is phenomenal. Of course this is extremely subjective, but it's the best beer I've ever had, by far. It's a little scary the way it creeps up on you. If you didn't know, you couldn't tell it's 11% abv. I drank a bomber one night last summer and it looped me. Thanks for the warning, have a 750...
Quote: Originally Posted by Denimbar no worries I will have BoO and many other brands for spring. Sounds good, keep us posted!
This may be horribly out of date, but when I was there last summer I thought that the Georgetown COOP had a much better selection than the Chevy Chase one.
I bought my pair off ebay about 8 months ago. Pretty comfortable and (so far) durable.
Quote: Originally Posted by PG2G They had grey perforated CPs at Barney's NY Beverly Hills, and at 40% off. Though, I think they close at 7:00 (1 minute ago) and its a one day sale :P Didn't bother to ask about sizes. Damn I knew I should have gone there when I was nearby today :P