or Connect

Posts by Yaniel

I've decided I want my first pair of Alden's, and I want them to be natural CXL. I love all the CXL boots, but I'm looking for bluchers for this purchase. Besides the PTB and the LWB on ShoeMart, which other options do I have, if any?
I was amazed and a bit saddened that I had yet to experience the SF snark. Thanks for making my first posting experience whole. Socks are definitely on the agenda, but I'm trying to get the major purchases out of the way then go to the small things, but I definitely want to pick up a lot of nice socks.That's what I had in mind.
I just realized this isn't a Zegna suit... it's a saks suit with Zegna fabric. Never trust sales people.
If I want the heel to be more snug, then I'd need to go down in width to an E from the EEE?
I received the 9.5EEE today, the gap still isn't sealed, but I'm happy with them. The fit is much better than before, even though I thought they felt fine before. I guess I didn't know how they're supposed to feel. I could probably go down to a 9EEE because I still have a good amount of space upfront, but I'll be moving to a slightly colder climate for grad school and would need the extra room for thicker socks. Thanks to everyone for the help. photo by YCantelar, on...
Thanks for the advice everyone. My big toe, which extends the furthest on my foot sits just under the lowest part of the medallion, so I think the 9.5 will work. I also found them on Amazon and as a prime member I can get them shipped to me quickly in a 9.5EEE, plus they're $55 less. If that works, I'll return these. If the 9.5EEE is too wide, then I'll get Nordstrom to order me a 9.5E and a 10.5C to test out. Unfortunately, I don't have an Allen Edmonds store within...
I treated myself to my first pair of nice shoes as a graduation gift to myself. I picked up some AE Strands in 10D from Nordstrom and thought they were the right size because they were comfortable. I got home and started looking at pics online and realized I had a huge gap in my lacing compared to others I've seen. Nordstrom doesn't have any wide sizes in stock, so I need to buy online. I have a good amount of free space in the toe area and I'm thinking of going down to...
Sorry. Double post.
I picked up some AE Strands as a graduation gift to myself today from Nordstrom. They feel comfortable, and not knowing any better I bought them. After looking at pictures online, I realized mine have an enormous gap in the lacing. They are a 10D. I have a lot of free space in the front and I'm thinking of going down to a 9.5EEE. Nobody locally has anything other than D width in stock so I'll be buying online. Any opinions on which size to try from those much more...