or Connect

Posts by papito

I'm not sure of the link to AS but it's as well to recall that that is another brand whose quality products have been hampered by management issues. I guess all that can be done at this point is to survey the range, monitor the feedback and then see if the new managers will genuinely attempt to recreate the company's glory days products. Given the level of competition it is not difficult to see that the market will deal harshly if the 'resurrection' appears to be little...
Last October I posted a comment under the heading "Bespoke Tailoring in Montreal; Locating the Best". I had just received a cashmere jacket from Rudolf Popradi and wanted to share my pleasure over this beautiful piece of work amongst, as I thought, fellow afficionados of bespoke tailoring. What followed was a surprise: somebody in Montreal, with the handle Mr Mystery, accused me of being both a spammer and untrustworthy. After a one line response I bowed out of any...
I can assure you that my commentary and experiences are genuine.
Last December I wrote of my disappointing and costly experience in searching for a quality bespoke tailor in Montreal. After that episode I was wary of the self accolades of their various websites and tested those waters a lot more carefully when I again ventured into this territory. After a few 'phone calls and exchange of emails with those listing themselves as 'bespoke' I selected one of them to make a sports coat. I chose Rudolf Popradi and couldn't have made a better...
Due to a dearth of 'made on the premises' bespoke tailors in Ottawa I searched the web for Montreal and settled on G.Tonino largely because of their prolific, rather sophisticated looking advertisements. I had my own Zegna fabric and chose Tonino to make a sports jacket. Disappointing. Very charming reception, friendly atmosphere. However, the first warning sign came with the first fitting when the garment proved to be cut too tightly rather than the conventional first...