or Connect

Posts by scruff

Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Did this thread get unpinned as a punishment or something? It is the result of mega-asshurtitude.
I'm moving to SF in early July (for a new job in Mountain View starting Aug 1... to the commute). Might be in town on the 17th searching for apts and would be down to meet up as well. -Amit
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH Any suit you buy over the internet is not going to be bespoke. Also, I don't think Greenfield even offers bespoke, only MTM. You can walk in the door and get one made. The offer is to take a visit to his factory and get measured for a suit (with one fitting).
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger I think the jacket hanging on the mirror (the tan number) is Frank's jacket. A nice lightweight wool number cut in a true Neopolitan style -- I actually used it as the basis for my first commission. Btw, NYR, the lapels on that linen number are $$$
Some lightweight Zegna (green) and Kiton (blue) cashmere. I've been looking for pastels with subtle overcheck, and these fit the bill (though I do worry about the sturdiness of the fabric). Likely a two-patch configuration unless Frank suggests that I go w/ 3.
Awesome stuff. A real shame that they don't make stuff like this for the US market.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Nice ! long sleeves? this gives me serious thought for the next couple of commissions.
that's a mighty rad pattern.
Quote: Originally Posted by harry2quinn Just too too much going on. Ditch the tie, square, scarf and gloves, switch up to a more casual bag and shirt (a double cuff shirt w/ jeans is just odd to me), and this will look much better.
picked up a length of this really great birdseye. Unnamed Hudderfield mill - cashmere/wool blend.