or Connect

Posts by rascal2

Vitals on these?1 year into mine and loving em. Should post some recent evo pics.
So, for future reference, I hot washed them (no detergent) and hung dry last night. This morning they were back to original size (32") in the waist, and had lost about an inch (34.5 -> 33.4) in the inseam. Gonna try rocking them with a mix of cuff styles and see how I like it.
Searched & tried this in the small questions thread... got buried behind a bunch of nonsense. Just got a pair of one-wash SC Okinawas in the mail, really unique, very rough / slubby denim. The inseam is pretty long for me though, these seem to be more like 35" than the 33" purported by SE. Question: how much more will they shrink in the inseam with a wash? If I can bring them in a bit might work w/o hemming. Waist is comfortable if not loose now, so shouldn't be a big...
Just got a pair of one-wash SC Okinawas in the mail, really unique, very rough denim. The inseam is pretty long for me though, these seem to be more like 35" than the 33" purported by SE. Question: how much more will they shrink in the inseam with a wash? If I can bring them in a bit might work w/o hemming. Waist is comfortable if not loose now, so shouldn't be a big deal if it comes in as well. Loose everywhere else. No biggie if I have to mail them off for a hem...
IIIrd, seems like a crazy amount of roping on the hem considering they've been double cuffed and not seen much water. Right?
If you're asking about my 710s- I'd estimate about 5 months actual wear. 7 months calendar time, been wearing them only on cooler days or evenings in the summer time since the 19oz denim is thick, heavy, and hot.
Samurai 710XX Lot 14 TTS @W33 2x initial hot soak 1x initial hot wash chain stitch hemmed to ~32 back from hemming 12/23 solid wear thru the winter, in rotation in summer cold wash 7/24 Roping is popping much more after wash so looking forward to that evo. Overall a great pair of denim.
Thought I'd post up some evo pics of my 710s. They are coming along extremely nicely. Def noticed this with my New Standards as well, but there seems to be a point in denim's life where the fades really start to build quickly. In the last few weeks it seems like the Sammies have entered this stage. The APCs took about 6-7 months to hit that "sweet spot" and here we are only 3mo in on these. These things are definitely fast faders, I was seeing some inseam wear in the...
They didn't budge on the second soak.. odd? Fit pics: Feeling much more comfortable than I was expecting. Buttoning was way less of an issue than after the 1st. Must be the starch loss after 2 soaks. I'm actually a little nervous that they aren't tighter. Might just be a faulty memory but feel like my APCs started out considerably tighter. Comfort wise they are nice just not sure if they are tight enough to get the epic fades ;-)
Used the hanger method to keep the waist from shrinking- a plastic shirt hanger fit perfectly inside the waistband.Wore em until mostly dry and they're in for round two right now.