or Connect

Posts by Darksideoftheforce

My apologies if its been discussed before in this now labyrinthian discussion board, but I recently ran into this camouflage harrington from hammersmith clothing, Carl Templar's clothing line from the Oi band The Templars. It runs from $30-$50. Pretty good deal imho. My question is how do you original skins feel about camouflage harringtons? Would you have worn it had it had been available in your day? Yay or nay?   http://www.hammersmithnyc.com/shop.html
Skinhead girl. We can all agree this is hot.
So this thread has talked about the polular skinhead brands like FPs, Ben Shermans Merc and such, but how popular was the Lonsdale brand in the 60s? ( My apologies if its been discussed before)I've seen a few skins around here sporting Lonsdale logo jackets. I currently don't own any Lonsdale items myself. Were jackets like these or similar common among skins and mods back then?
Quote: Originally Posted by Southlondongent I've gotta say I agree with MoM. My folks and their mates were not invovled in PB-ing in the area of West London where they lived. In fact later in the 70's I went with them to Rock against Racism festivals etc. Now I'm not saying they were angels! They were invovled in rucks and went to the seaside on bank holidays and were in trouble with the law etc. I'd like to think this was fair fights against other...
I've never seen this documentary myself some of you might have, but it talks quite a bit about the phenomenon of "Paki Bashing" among some of the earliest skins. Just curious how common was it in the early days of the skinhead movement? Some of you guys that have been there since the 60s did you witness anything like it yourself, or like everything else did the media just blow it out of proportion for sensationalism? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gPZF...83ED1&index=18
Quote: Originally Posted by skacore This is a nice looking jacket but I have the tendency to wear alot of gingham or patterned shirts that would clash with this jacket. I find I would be limited to solid color shirts underneath. For the price of FP I would go solid and if you like the plaid pattern go with the same in Merc or Warrior. Just my feeling. I just realized that as I wear alot of patterned shirts too. Yes it is a nice jacket but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery Incidentally, back in '69 the vast majority of Harringtons were in plain colours. One or two were seen in PoW check, but not that many. The style of check in the one above would never have been seen. I concur with the advice to get one at a cheap price. My jaw dropped when I saw the price of 300 bucks mentioned. Warning: most British suppliers do advise buyers to "size up" (btw I now hate that term!...
Quote: Originally Posted by MiniW get one from the Gap, they fit great and are $50 or less on sale. Use the remaining $250 on something worthwhile. Baracuta jackets, no matter what size or slim fit or whatever, fit like shit, and are ridiculously overpriced. The Gap sells Harringtons? I never knew that. My once blue Harrington from Merc is now faded and I have been looking for a more affordable Harrington for some time now. I have toyed with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Southlondongent These were real - early '80's. Weetabix - if you know what's good for you, OK? Loved these.... IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I...
Quote: Originally Posted by OHT lol Aggro Man That would be pretty kewl That actually gives me an idea.