or Connect

Posts by Darksideoftheforce

I dont know how sizing went back in the day, but BS sizing in particular aren't very big and tall friendly. Mod fit and soho fits were designed for slimmer individuals. Or were skinsheads in the 60s and 70s just slimmer than now? As for FP on my personal experience with them their sizes vary. My FP polos are inconsistent, i'm a 38 in one and in another I'm a 40 . I can only imagine trying to find fp polos in 2xl. BS polos are even slimmer.As for harringtons, FP...
I recall a simillar discussion about this very issue a few pages back. So-called "skinheads" who dress hardcore scruffy, wear biker jackets and refer to themselves as "skinheads" aren't. They have no clue about skinheads. They are punk rockers with shaved heads.I once was introduced to a punk rocker who sported a punk rock t shirt (I believe Black Flag) who claimed to be a skinhead at a party awhile back. By that time my hair had grown into a smooth style, with the...
Its right up there with the "mall rats" (mall punks) of the 90s and the kids who got into that kind of music by way of Rancid and commercial radio in the 90s and the "skunk" bands ofcourse. The so-called "ska-punk" fusion bands of the same era.
Thanks for posting this Jason, I never knew the Last Resort's song was based on an older original. So now I just have to get that original record somewhere.
A few slanteyes who got skipped that curse are able to grow them. Lucky bastards.AnywayI think I read it in the Nick Knight Skinhead book that in the 60s some skinheads too young to grow them compensated by using marker to make their sideburns look thicker. I just don't remember what book I read it from it might've been from the Nick Knight book.You mean Posers added a third ajacent store? The last time I was there their footwear were being sold on the second floor...
Rufio, yes I'm from the LA area. Been a skinhead since 89 but never rode a scooter before. Like most people I got into the new breed Oi sceen first went to alot of shows by So Cal based Oi bands The Authority, The Revolt, Bovver Wonderland etc.If you've been to any of their shows around LA in the 90s I woudn;t be surprised if you saw me. Then I gradually drifted to the smarter traditional style along with the music, Desmond Dekker, Toots and the Maytals and the...
Agreed. Can't go wrong with a white shirt as they go well with most everything else.
Soundpressure thanks. Although it took several washes for the levis to shrink to the desired size. They still tend to fit loose at the waist but I usually prefer braces when wearing these jeans as they make them hang better than do belts.And if I could grow a decent set of mutton chops I would.BTW nice FP check pants. Pity there really aren't any FP stores around my area except this place http://www.posers-hollywood.com/ where I usually get most of my FP and other 'skin...
IMO bd collars are smarter looking and holds up well under a coat or jacket. And certainly looks better too.None bd collars and the collar eventually pops out of the coat making the wearer look untidy. The shirt I have on in my pic is none BD from Banana Republic. not exactly a skinhead brand but what the hell.Uploaded with ImageShack.usUploaded with ImageShack.us
Ok Thanks they definately look original.On the topic of the fit of the jeans. I'm more partial to the classic levis 501s "shrink to fits" but I think it tends to hang looser than I remember from a few years back. Comparing my old ones from the 90s to my more recent aquisition of the same style, the newer 501s seem to fit looser than my older ones, even after shrinking them in the tub or sink. I've always been skinny and there was a time when I preffered my jeans snug...