or Connect

Posts by Jaygatsby28

Hi, I am currious if anyone has had an experience with Bermini Custom Tailors in NYC. I stumbled upon their website and was interested. I couldn't seem to find any posts about them on SF. Thanks for the help!
Please, who makes the three shoes in the above pictures? In Abalo and aportnoy's posts
What is the general price range of his RTW work?
Do they offer a catalog? I will be traveling to Milan in about 2 months and would like to stop by. What is the difference between the shop and the Laboratory? Thanks
Any suggestions? I am looking for someone in the downtown area. The last post about this was in 2004...so maybe someone has found a good tailor in that time. Thanks.
After trying the pants on a few more times, I have come to realize that the first photo I posted isn't the best. I should probably iron the front of the slacks to get rid of the creases that occured when I was sitting at my desk. However, I did get some good feedback from you guys. These pants were custom made, and they were my first order. We are still working out the kinks. For the next pair of slacks I order what do you recommend I change? Drop the waist for...
Please... how did this all turn out!
I have had negative experiences with the corner dry cleaner on my street last summer in NYC. They shrunk all three of my wool pants. Mind you they were not nice pants, so I wasn't that upset, however they did shrink. I would say they shrunk about an inch in total by the end of the summer (2 dry cleanings a month). In retrospect, I will use a more reputable dry cleaner. I have a quick question though about washing wool trousers in water. Is it ok to do this if you...
Thanks for the response. I don't really have a pair of pants that fits me perfectly. So, unfortunately I don't have anything to go off of. Where is the seat measure? Also are you suggesting that the front of the pants should be cut with a dip in the center to wear them low in the front? In your opinion, can these pants be saved by altering them so that they fit perfectly. I am really after that slim, clean, nice look in the pants. I don't really feel like I am...
I will be purchasing some pants and I wanted to get an opinion on pant rise. Mostly these pants will be for business casual attire. I know rise has been discussed in the past, however no one gave a definitive number. Rise: The measurement from the middle of the crotch (where the fabric is usually sewn together) to the top of the pants. Below I have attached a photo of me in a pair of pants I ordered. The rise is 12" and I feel it is too high. What are your...