or Connect

Posts by Jaygatsby28

Please... how did this all turn out!
I have had negative experiences with the corner dry cleaner on my street last summer in NYC. They shrunk all three of my wool pants. Mind you they were not nice pants, so I wasn't that upset, however they did shrink. I would say they shrunk about an inch in total by the end of the summer (2 dry cleanings a month). In retrospect, I will use a more reputable dry cleaner. I have a quick question though about washing wool trousers in water. Is it ok to do this if you...
Thanks for the response. I don't really have a pair of pants that fits me perfectly. So, unfortunately I don't have anything to go off of. Where is the seat measure? Also are you suggesting that the front of the pants should be cut with a dip in the center to wear them low in the front? In your opinion, can these pants be saved by altering them so that they fit perfectly. I am really after that slim, clean, nice look in the pants. I don't really feel like I am...
I will be purchasing some pants and I wanted to get an opinion on pant rise. Mostly these pants will be for business casual attire. I know rise has been discussed in the past, however no one gave a definitive number. Rise: The measurement from the middle of the crotch (where the fabric is usually sewn together) to the top of the pants. Below I have attached a photo of me in a pair of pants I ordered. The rise is 12" and I feel it is too high. What are your...
Carl I sent you a pm
I decided to post a few pictures of the pair of pants and the shirt I ordered from A&B. Pants were $165 and shirt was $100. Upon receiving the shirt the other day I ordered 10 for $650 (one of their deals). I am very pleased with the shirt and have never had one fit me so well. I can't wait until I can afford the true bespoke shirts someday, they must fit like a dream. This is not to down play the shirt I just got, I really love it. The material is very good, strong...
I have a pair of harris shoes I paid $495 retail for at Barney's. I bet boots would be a little bit more, but certainly no more than $650. I love the shoes btw. Too bad they don't have them in my size!
It is possible. I have had it done but after seeing nice fitting shirts (custom tailored) I realized how terrible the ones I had altered looked. It is possible, but I would never do it again.
Hey thought I would give you my two cents. I'm 22 yrs old and have always had moderate acne. Since the age of 15 I began seeing a dermatologist. First I tried Differin (topical continued up to my accutane treatment), Minocycline (discontinued after a year after built up resistance), Tetrocycline (same story as minocycline) and then finally PDT treatment (which was expensive and did not work at all). These are all the strategies I tried with my dermi in the US. Up...
Seriously I have been seeing Dermatologists for the past 7 years and Cetaphil is by far the best product line out there. The gentle facial cleanser is great for sensitive skin. It does not strip your face of the "good" oils. I always cleanse with the Cetaphil, use some witch hazel as a toner and then apply some Cetaphil moisturizer. I do find the moisturizer a bit heavy, but I have extremely dry/oily skin and it is hard to find a balance with that.