or Connect

Posts by Jaygatsby28

Thought I would revive the topic. I have had custom made suits made by Astor & Black (which were neither durable nor fit as promissed) in the past. I now live in NYC and want to get one made here. I have been told / read here that Alan David, LS and Mr. Ned are pretty good choices. Can I get an opinion? I am going for a more European/English look, not American. I am really looking for the best value for my money and a place that I can become confortable...
Are you serious dude? Get a life. It's a board. No need to draw conclusions on someone's entire life. Try do be less of a d!ck next time. Check his "*"...look like he did do a search... Thank you.
Is that all there worth mentioning? Was thinking of checking it out tomorrow.
How about size 38 suits? Should I even bother if I am looking for 2 basic 38 suits and a few trousers?
Anyone know of any additional 30% off coupons floating around in addition to the Ralph Lauren sale? Thanks.
Interested in checking this place out. One of my co-workers gets his suits made here and is very happy with them. Anyone else have an experience with this company? Thanks
I have a pair of the black executives. I like them except I find they actually do not wear that well. I have small feet (7.5) so the long toe on the shoes does not make me look like I have clown feet. I like them, however I must admit I bought them before discovering this forum. I paid about $425 for them at the Barney's in Boston. More recently I purchased a pair of C&J, which I love infinitely more than the Harris shoes. I really have to say that in that price...
I actually went with the Westbournes. I love them, except I am afraid to shine them again. The color is amazing when I first bought them. The lady in NYC said to shine them with C&J dark brown shoe polish wax. I did and I almost feel like they came out a tint darker. I shined them again, tonight, a second time and I feel like they are a little darker again. It seems also that certain parts of the shoe pick up more of the polish than others, giving it a sort of...
Hi all. I have a quick question about Theory pants. I just bought some online on tobi and got a really great deal on them. Received them in the mail and I am very happy with the look except for one issue. When I wear the pants, they "sag" in the front. I will try to explain this as best I can. Let me give you a visual. I am a pretty skinny guy, about 5'9" and when I put on the pants, tuck in my shirt and look in the mirror everything looks great except when I...
I know shoulder sizes have been addressed in past posts, however there has never been listed a definitive measure for how far shoulder pads should extend beyond your actual (natural) shoulders. I was recently told that shoulders on a suit should never protrude more than half an inch past your natural shoulders. What are your opinions on this? I generally like a more slim fit in the shoulders as I am a skinny but athletic guy. I am really interested in all of...