or Connect

Posts by Jaygatsby28

Looking for some ideas on a navy quilted jacket for the fall season here in NYC. Any ideas? Barbour has some nice styles but hard to find a nice slim fitting one. I have read past posts that have called Dunhill overpriced. Matt Fulham from Barbour NYC store doesn't carry XS Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks.
I've used Nick a ton. I have had him resole three shoes (C&J Westbourne's, C&J Tetbury's and my RMWilliams). Excellent job on all. Also he has fixed an unfortunate crack/wear through on the toe area on my Westbourne's perfectly - can't even tell there was a crack in the leather. And removed significant salt stains from my RMWilliams. He knows what he is doing and is very honest on pricing. Below is a pic of the flush mount "European toes taps." As dr.no said, its...
Wanted to resurrect and old thread as I have been trying to change up my sock drawer. I have always worn VK Nagrani socks b/c they are very comfortable, breathable and kind of crazy (design/color wise). Now I'd like to tone down my socks a little for work reasons. What do people recommend I try that is the same thickness as VK Nagrani and as comfortable? I picked up a few pairs of Pantherella at Century 21 (also a great source for VK Nagrani socks on the cheap...
Sorry for being naive, is there a thread that talks about sizing someone could point me to? I am a size 7 in the C&J 348 last which is a great fit for me. Thanks.
It was a first commission for both of us. Think that might be a trick of the light. I do agree his came out better than mine.
Here are some pics of my friend's acquisitions over at Peter Lee's place. Trousers, sports coat and shirt The sports coat is more the color in the first pic (my camera failed me on the other pics, but you get the idea):
Thanks guys. To answer some questions: Yes it is 100% cashmere. Used to live in and travel often to Montreal, wanted to make sure the negative 40 degree days didn't get me down Looks like I misplaced my side by side shoulder shot. I'll retake one and post. They are pretty different. In terms of Chan vs Peter Lee. I like the price to quality point on Peter. I do agree Chan did an overall better job (looking at the back and arms). I guess there is no way I...
Hi, This is the second post from my trip to Hong Kong (first one can be seen here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=200513). Below are some of my acquisitions from WW Chan. WW Chan - Blue suit and shirt I first got measured and selected my fabrics in July at one of Chan's NYC visits to the Hilton in Midtown (by Patrick). I was recommended a blue suiting fabric (VBC Revenge) and picked out a conservative shirting fabric. Next time I saw Patrick was in HK...
Quote: Originally Posted by someotherstyle Lol. Nice. Shoulder pitch is the angle at what your shoulders sit (ie. more of a sloped shoulder, more of a square shoulder etc.). You can add or take away a bit of the shoulder padding after the garment is made and address a bit of this, but not to the same extent while making a jacket (at least to my understanding). In this case, the OP's shoulders are more sloped than the jacket is made, causing the...
Some close ups: Grey Suit: Linen Shirt: Seersucker Shirt: Linen Suit: