or Connect

Posts by browniecj

And MikeDT
Thank-you Botolph.I also agree with what Lasttye has said.
When the Fuel had come out of the Metal Lighters,they be all Flame.Lucky in that my Mum(to earn extra)did Home work for Ronson Lighters.
Yes,and if you shook them up-get totally drenched with the Beer!!.Had that happen a couple of times-some of my Mates were Jokers of the Pack.
Whoops,that was us....."Make Love Not War" was their Slogan.
Listening to a CD that came with "Uncut" Mag.It Showcases a few of the newer Bands.A lot of them have gone back to the 60s,for inspiration.Even the first Track is a rework of "Hey Mr.Tambourine Man".Ironically,it is called "Strange Brew"-one of Cream`s finest.I actually bought the Mag for the Story of the Marquee and the Who-and which Clubs were popular in the 60s.Remember some of them,some I was not allowed in,"Bag O`Nails","Scotch Of St.James"and "The Speakeasy".This was...
They were originally only bought in Gentlemens" Outfitters,then they were stocked by "our Shops".If you look at the Advertisements of the late 50s and 60s,they were shown being worn by Middle Aged Men who were mostly Pipe Smokers.As I said,I only got one.My favourite was the finer Wool Cardigans with Pockets.Right about the "Make War Not Peace" Brigade.Now I remember Mustard,could not envisaged Gold Sta Prest though.
That and the Watneys Red Barrel-Party 7s.Ah!!!! those were the good old days!!!!Thanks Ed,I just never saw Gold coloured Sta Prest.As has been said before,they were regarded as "old mens Cardigans" in the 60s.My Mum bought out some of my Dads(as a Joke) once.The trouble was,he was bigger than me-so I would have drowned in them.
Yes and what particular day it was !!!!It would be interesting though.
I like them a bit longer.