or Connect

Posts by browniecj

Always interested in the Minet Material,Clouseau.
This is what I wrote,regarding the Carousel Club,Farnborough.Not only Otis Redding,but Sam and Dave,Wilson Pickett etc.,etc.All the Major Names played there between `66 and `68(The Big C),it closed down that year.
Decent Fish and Chips iin the West End - about as rare as Hens`Teeth Clouseau...:)Some of the Pub Grub is not bad.
In the middle of July I am going to a Club,that was originally called the Sink in Liverpool(now called Magnet) in the 60s.One of the Djs spinning there used to go to the original Club.It had a mixed Black and White Crowd.He did say that going anywhere near the Cavern ,for Blacks, could be a bit dodgy.
The Barley Mow looks alright or the Beehive in Crawford Street,just around the corner from Chiltern Street as well.To make you feel at home Clouseau there is a French Bistro(Hardys) in Chiltern Street.3 minutes from Baker Street Tube.
John Simons in Chiltern Street(46),W.1.would be anther good place for People to look at.Just saying......
Around your Neck with the Arm twisted and halfway up your Back.Notice one thing - it took one Copper then,today there would be about 4 hanging on to you........
quote name="Man-of-Mystery" url="/t/89027/mod-to-suedehead/21330#post_7973270"]: Don't quote me, but some of the academics at my daughter's uni couldn't find their arses if you gave 'em a map.[/quote] Oh dear !!!
Maybe a Canvas one Clouseau,just surmising here. Evidently there were clashes between Skinheads and Blacks.Lasttye has spoken about this in North London.I can definitely say I never saw it personally.But that is not to say it did not go on.As for Liverpool,what went on in the North stayed mostly in the North........
Yes,they could be purchased from Army Surplus originally - that was the one I bought.