or Connect

Posts by browniecj

You had all that before Inks.If you wanted to go below the surface it was there to be explored.
Sometimes I read Journalists and I wonder what Planet they have come from.The latest piece of crap journalism reads(and I quote)"London is more vibrant now than it was 30 years ago".It goes on to state the late night Bars and Restuarants as an example.So wtf did we do then,during the 60s! True there was no binge drinking then or stupid bastards spread out on the pavement pissed out of their boxes-no Pub customers totally blocking the Pavement-so you have to walk in the...
It provided with more width to the Wardfobe :)Shops like Flips were opening up and selling American Clothing so you could go and get your wardrobe-without breaking the Bank.My favourite one was in Curtain Road but Greenwich was pretty good as well.
Interesting recollections Oneflewover
Just sticking to the "Skinhead" Topic can become tedious.I believe in putting more "meat to the bone",so that an understanding of what general life was like around that time-and how we arrived at that stage in our social history.
Very good-mind you we have mobility than some of the youngsters today.....
That should read Deaf-yep I am going blind as well.
Yes you are right.Interesting about Portebello Road,back in the early 70s,used to pick up Rubbish and then sell the good stuff to the Stallholders(did this when I had days off or "between" Jobs).It was interesting to go down and see the mark-up on these "Antiques".We were happy,we got our wedge-and the Goods cost nothing to us anyway.Second Market story involves a Family member of my Wife`s down Columbia Road.Back in the 60s he ran a Furniture Making Shop.Unremarkable you...
Good to see Gsvs,especially about the old Markets.Remember walking through Convent Garden each morning,whilst the Market was on.Went to Spitalfields Market and got a Job(but never started there).My Wife`s Uncle had an Egg Stall in Hoxton Market,her Parents ran a Fruit and Veg.Stall in Ridley Road.Another Uncle had a Stall in Leather Lane.I went with my Dad to Smithfield and Billingsgate-he was a Butcher and a Fishmonger combined .Happy days all round.