or Connect

Posts by browniecj

It is interesting to read the different Style variations in other Areas.For me Suedehead was`70 /`71 by the middle of that year Hair was Shoulder Length.The Article had come out about a Guy,who lived in Stepney,and he was saying about the Fashion changes.In the Picture,he had a Penny Collar Shirt,Mohair Strides and Royal Smooths..This was where the name "Smoovies/Smoothies" came from.Richard Allen only needed to look in the Papers and he would get all the material he...
To be honest,they are not bad Prices-in `68s money(skys the limit).If I remember correctly they were something like £8/10 gns,back in the day, if you could get them.
I have got the Black Leather Trucker Jacket,but how much are the Suedes with Leather Collars??M-o-M.
M-o-M,if you remember,we never called ourselves anything like the Labels given(the originals called themselves Modernists)..Through the various stages we never said we were this that or the other.It was always names given to us.I never called myself a Suedehead nor did any of my Mates.We just wanted to smarten up,then we became "Smoovies" as printed in a Paper.
It was interesting to see some of the Originals (Mods and Rockers) talking about the Bank Holidays.Steve Barrow is featured in the "Mod" Book through some photos taken of him-on Scooters.Of course,the social climate of Britain always comes up-by the so-called experts.Even though only one Professor was old enough to have lived then(and he was an old Biker).The youngsters in those days could not give a blind fck about what was happening in their Country.They wanted a good...
"Suedehead" was another name given to us by the Media.All I know was,I grew my Hair because I did not want to be associated with the term Skinhead anymore.It had passed its time-and like all Fashion Phases became unfashionable.Most of the others adopted the same idea,hence the rise of "The Boot Boys".Suedeheads still wore the DMs as it was the start of the Football Firms(ICF being one of them).I still wore DMs but that was to work,so the DM Story had gone full circle.
Still looks "Cracking" now.Well done Gill.
I loved Trilbies(still do).Had one for ages,then sold it to a Mate who wore it even longer.
Like the Photo...more please Soulcharger.