or Connect

Posts by browniecj

Somebody is selling the DVD for a Fiver,on Facebook.Says it all really.
John Holt was certainly a Legend.RIP Sir.
Maybe "Cherry Reds".
Excellent Photo Roy.Shows the two Styles of `68(as seen in previous Photos-many,many pages back).
I actually enjoyed the Music(and the Cars) as well,M-o-M.What is online though (which I never saw in the shop) is this clean looking Flyfront Mac.One of the best examples I have seen,as far as being identical to what I had all those years ago.Noticeably free of the cuff button straps or any other superfluous decoration.[/quote]My Navy Raincoat in the 60s resembled the Spencer Raincoat(without the Buttons on the Pockets).The Collar was not as wide spread as the above...
The American Servicemen going to Soho and in to Clubs like The Flamingo,really opened up the Style and the Music.I have said before that Airmen would take the latest Albums and 45s down-for the Djs to play.There was a large Import Shop right by their Airforce Base(in West London).They were also responsible for getting Clubs like the Flamingo to hold All Nighters.
When I go to warmer climes I often like to wear my loafers with no socks , a style l borrowed from Ivy league . . [/quote] And the Italians and French-saw some great Clothing -from Students of those two Countries during the 60s,on their visits here.
The Ivy League was greatly influenced by British and Continental Fashion,with an American "Feel".I am not saying that all of it appeals to me,but the majority does.
That is cheap for the Condition.God,I wish I was 40" again..... Never mind.
I have just checked my Levi Leather Jacket and it was made in China(for Levi Europe).The Leather looks different to the ones made in India.They are Button Through-only the original ones were Press Stud.