or Connect

Posts by browniecj

I never bought from Womens Shops M-o-M . Would not thought about doing it either regardless of the Price.I went so far with the Fashion but held back from a lot as well.Never would have lived it down with my two Sisters......
Listening to the new Proposals regarding longer Shop Hours, on a Sunday,I remember how different it was during the 60s and 70s. Shops were open 9am until 5:30pm Monday to Saturday - except either Wednesday Afternoon or Thursday(depending on where you lived)Half Day Closing.When I was in the Butchering,during the 70s,I had Monday Afternoon off as well.The only Shop that was open on a Sunday was the local Newsagents for Papers and Cigarettes.You could not buy Food there or...
Yes it was,I bought mine in Harry Fentons.They were some of the first to break the BD Mould(as you said).There was also some with a Shadow Diamond Style.This I got in a kind of Goldy Colour.
Did they do them in Yellow,because going by your Description I had a similar one(but in that Colour).
Its handy if you are going out for the Day(say an Exhibition) or in the Evening the Theatre).A Kinder for reading on the Tube,Glasses,small Binoculars for the Theatre,Water, Mobile Phone ,spare Tissues(I get sneezing Fits) ,Inhaler and Tickets to wherever I am going to - saves scrambling around in Pockets trying to find the damn things.It goes over one Shoulder so you can keep an Eye on it..
These are bloody good Photos M-o-M.I remember a Shirt that(when I think about it)was a bit like Bubble Wrap - but in Squares(plain not patterned).Odd description I know.The top Photo was my favourite time.You were going out of Skinhead but still kept the Smooths and Brogues.No different from me - except the Shirt would have been Patterned and the Cords Airforce Blue or Beige.
I talking in the Past about the Accents you are emphasizing it well skinny legs.When I go to the Boleyn it is nothing like the Area I left behind.
Yes,there are Regional Accents in London.East London say a lot of different words and sayings than,say,South London.You get snippets of Slang as well.Vice Versa is there also.East London is louder,more cocky and flashier in the way they speak.I will probably now get a barrage abuse from West and North London........ What really puts the "Cat amongst The Pigeons" is the new Rhyming Slang which the under 30s are now using."Hank Marvin" etc.,etc.Thrown into the Pot is Estuary...
I was sorry I missed the last Meet up,but I would not have got from the Radio Station to the West End in half an hour.I will make an effort but if is slightly later in the day.The Shopping I will leave out........
I bought a Leather Bag that is just right for what I want to carry.When I was in Cyprus it got me into the habit of carrying Leather Bags(not Satchels ) around as bulging Pockets look so ungainly.It sounds as if you saw a load of Trendies out - with their Back Packs,they wear these into Bars etc.,why ??Mods never wore shown Logos unless it was Fred Perry.You knew by looking what it was they were wearing.If you were lucky and they were Mates they would tell you what it was...