or Connect

Posts by browniecj

Are you referring to the Ska Dance(Rowing),because I never saw that in `69.It was bending of the Knees or rocking backwards and forwards.It was also done across the Floor - not in Groups,.The Music was mixed up,so you would have a Soul Record then a Reggae one.But this was later.
Now,don`t start Bunty.......
Clouseau,Never saw the Streaker in the Game - nor the Old Bill
Off the Wall Little Queenie.
That's the one - though the Figures were pure `69 D (I see now you can later "Hooligans".....)
Speaking to a "Revival"Skinhead,it seems the Hairstyles went in reverse Order to the 60s.First it was Suedehead then into Skinhead.
Here`s a Novelty for you. Visited a Military Modelling/Wargames Exhibition in Newark(Partizan 2015) , I have an interest in the Subject.Walking around the Halls I came across a Game being set up known as "Aggro".I went back later and the Game was in progress.You get either 2 or 4 Players playing,in which they control Gangs of Skinheads(yes they were painted up as them - Boots,Braces,Cropped Hair and some with Trilbies).The Game takes place in and around a Football...
I saw Geno quite a few times,performing in Clubs,in the 60s.I only saw Jimmy James a couple of times.The Ram Jam in Brixton did have Soul Artists etc., appearing but the Dj Playlists were going more to Jamaican as the main Dance Music(1968)
Ska Au Go Go was released as well as Club Ska `67(Volumes 1 and 2) in 1967.I had a couple of these from new.Because of the Label Blue Beat ,Ska was often referred to as Blue Beat here.To the older Jamaicans Blue Beat was a separate Dance to Ska(coming out beforehand).Soul played in the Clubs of (London and the South East) on the Funkier side(as mentioned in previous Pages).No older 60s Records were played.I agree M-o-M,Tamla was a different Category in the Shops.In...