or Connect

Posts by browniecj

Yes,bought a Dogtooth MTM from them-but it was mostly the 3Ply Mohair from them-they always had loads of Swatches to choose from.
Had my all Suits made in Alexandras(Guildford) around `69/`70,did not think anybody else remembered those Tailors.
Exactly,when you throw buying Records into that mix I went quite a few days staying in
The Harrington Style of Jacket had been around since the early 60s.On RSG Vol.1 you have 2 Mods dancing with satin style Harrington Golf Jackets - this would be `63/`64.I bought a Lemon Yellow Harrington(Sky Jump) from Millets in `68.
Not knowing too many Greasers then,so just guessing,but I would have thought the term "Bikers".Around `69 the first Chapters of the Hells Angels were establishing themselves in Britain.I know a large number of Greasers/Bikers were wearing more Nazi Style Symbals-The Iron Cross painted on the back etc.,Peaked Caps with Nazi Badges on them-even though they did not belong to the Angels.More and mare "Apehangers" -Handlebars,were being fitted to Motorbikes-there was more of a...
I like the way the Shirt opens,to show off the Cravat.I might invest.
It is true what Mr.Knightley wrote,but I would say this was the way Mods(from the early days),would get ideas from the different influences.I mean one quick phase was to dress up French(including the Beret),smoke French Cigarettes,go to French sounding Coffee Bars that were springing up all over Soho,have Le Figaro under your arm -and have a string of Onions over the Handlebars(I kid you not). What happened to Invention ???
When you get the ones(say 20/21/22 in `69)they would most certainly refer to themselves as Mods.They did not have the Crop,side parting etc was the norm..,and they only wore Boots to work.When I was 19 this was the way forward for me.Yankmod,I thought Brooks Brothers introduced the B.D.to the American Public,in 1895.John E.Brooks saw how the British Polo Players pinned down their collars,so he went back to the States and invented the Button Down Shirt.I have often wondered...
What to me is ironic, is the fact that some of what we perceived as American Ivy was in actual fact either originally produced over here or known for their "Englishness".Royal Brogues were either known as "Longwings" or "English" Brogue- in America.Simons sold us the idea that we were buying "American Classics" in the Ivy Shop,hence the name,it was advertised as such(originally).The B.D. was certainly an American invention.but some Shirts were produced over here,in East...
Whoops,Computer having a mind of its own again !!!!!