or Connect

Posts by browniecj

The smell and the amount of Blue Dye that used to come out.My Mum would moan about the Bath,even though I cleaned it(not good enough).Afterwards it was a new pair taken every time went to the I.O.W.
"Gibsons" were so named because that is what it had printed on the original Box Label(don`t forget I bought mine from Timpsons - not Simons).They were the least popular of the Royals and they were the last Style,around `69 ish..Thanks to Basset for putting up the Photo of the Gibsons.Timpsons had upped their Game with the Royals,before then they were on par with FHW,Trueform in the High Street.Churchs etc.,were always quality Shoes but very much MOR,they started getting...
Smooths had Plain Tops(as seen in Picture),Gibsons had an Apron around the top of the Shoe and then the Stitching came down in front of Shoe.Result today in T.K.Maxx.Something I would have worn during the "Mod" time -Black Suede Sebago Loafer,normally Retail about £160.00.,£30.00 Deal done .....
Those were Smooths not Gibsons......Lasttye put those up Clouseau.
I put it on Facebook,unable to transfer it over.....
Another Track,not listed,but was played during the mid 60s Roosevelt Grier - Slow Drag.
The Pop Records were played mainly in Clubs along the Kings Road or places like Members Clubs right in the heart of the West End - where you could not get in if you did not have an E-Type.I used to go(Lunchtimes) to the Bluesette Club,owned by John`s Children and they would play Pop.It was here that I heard "Good Vibrations" etc.Two of my Faves - Clarence Carter - Looking For A Fox and The Mar keys - Last Night.Used to love walking into a Club,with them playing.
It was much later than that.There are a lot of us about still.......
There was a Flip Store in Curtain Road,where you could some buy amazing Clobber cheap.There was a "Swing" Fashion Scene going on - see videos of early Goldmine, Canvey Island.