or Connect

Posts by browniecj

I remember these as being called "French Gibsons".I first noticed them being worn by a lot of Parisienne Businessmen,when I worked at the Airport.I bought a pair from Next in the 80s-but unfortunately(like so much of my stuff)never returned back from Cyprus.
I have not been there for years Inks,so I honestly do not know whats happened to the old Street.
Carnaby Street led the Fashions up to `66,afterwards it followed them.
Always handy if you run out of Toilet Paper though....
To go back to the subject of Parents buying their Kids Royals,they certainly did.I remember going past a Senior Boys School and youths of 13/14 coming out with Royals with their School Uniforms on.To me that was when the rot really set in.
About 10+years ago(when I returned from Cyprus),I bought a pair of Alfred Sargent`s Smooth Gibsons.They have lasted me well-and they did not break the Bank.
Ed,not everybody reads the Guardian,Mate...
Buttons gets everywhere !!!!
"Donis" was the Boutique where I bought my first pair of Mod "Hipsters" in `64,along with other bits-like a white Belt .....
You will find John Simons really hard to pin down.He will say one thing one minute,then something else the next.He is a Businessman.