or Connect

Posts by browniecj

He does not Post on here anymore,M-o-M,but he was one of those who had an older Mod Relative etc., etc., - came from Northampton Area.
Just referring to Ace and Eights info regarding Scooters and Leather Coats in `68.I originally wrote about this Subject many,many Pages ago and was told I was wrong.Good to see my Memory Banks have not totally gone yet.I liked that Period.......
Bloody interesting Piece of Social History,keep that sort coming.I had a pair of the Check Trousers that Guy is wearing(Green with a Beige Check - if I remember correctly)Good version of Neighbour,Neighbour as well.It was just like going back to the Clubs and listening to those Groups playing R&B in the 60s.
You were lucky,mine got broken in two(a true Story by the way,but later in the decades).
All the Clubs were hot,dark and dingy and I bloody loved them.......
Nothing of the sort., Mods on Hastings Front in 1964
The Tunes I was buying in 1970 was James Brown,the emerging Funk Records etc.Marvin Gaye,Four Tops were the only Motown(by now a lot of imported 45s were coming in on Motown,Soul and other Subsidiaries out of Detroit),I bought.I never bought Monkey Spanner or Double Barrel etc.,as I thought the best Reggae had come out before and it was losing it`s way.I did not buy Rock Albums as one or two of my Mates had them,so they would bring them around.
Went to The Angel today and saw loads of Teenagers walking around in Clothing, similar to those Teenagers in the Photo(50 years on).In `78/`79,I was working in the Clubs.Some of the Soul Boys went towards Punk(the ones that had worn Mohair Jumpers and Plastic Sandals etc,).As mentioned before they were looking for something different.The vast majority went deeper into the Jazz side of Jazz/Funk and went to Clubs like the Lacy Lady,Room At The Top and others.I was going to...
Are you down Live Injection on the 27th of June,Tom ???