or Connect

Posts by browniecj

I know it is slightly off track,but please bear with me.I read today that Steve Strange has died.To those who do not know about him,he was the Person who brought the "New Romantics"Fashion to the fore(not Robert Elms).To me he was the last of the Street Level Fashion Innovators.Who thought of something and then let it grow.Now we have large Store "Fashion" Buyers and over-hyped Designers dictating what People should wear.Since the early 80s we had nothing that could be...
On the side for doing up those Shirts.Horrible things
Smart Fella - no Badges I see........
Still in Essex Mate.We have moved into "Sheltered Accommodation" in Aveley(which is about 3 miles from where we were)-mind you I don`t know who is "sheltered" from who.....
Never liked The Nehru Jacket,reminded of the Beatles, when they came home from India. The Ruperts were a direct Copy of the Golfing Strides.Have a Sears Catalogue of the late 50s-they are all in there.
In about `66 then not until `70(Late).I kept losing the bloody things.
That's interesting M-o-M.I remember then but never wore one myself.They also appeared about `65ish-as The Dave Clarke Five are wearing them (RSG DVDs),complete with Chelsea Boots etc..Probably that is why I never got one.....
Right,I am up to Speed(so to speak...).Good stuff since I have been off.
Thanks M-o-M, listening to that Station now.Got a Spot playing 60s Soul(This coming Saturday),at the Live Injection Do.If you are in the East End,come along to the Stags Head,55,Orsman Road,N.1.Quality Reggae is always spun.
I have finally come back on-line(after a week off-through moving).Nearly as bad as the old days !!!!