or Connect

Posts by browniecj

Reading about Skinheads at School,reminded me when I was at School with Mods. It was 1964,there had been Bank Holiday trouble and Plans were being made for a Scooter Run for the next one.I was 14 and had become associated with the Mods at our School,I liked the Fashion and had already done a trip to Carnaby Street.There were also a lot of Greasers(and followers)at my Secondary Modern School.One became a Skinhead in later years.There was some fighting between the older...
There were some Mods who wore FPs( striped and plain) Collars outside of thin Crew Neck Jumpers,in `64,also some did the same with the knitted Polo Tops..This Style was again worn(with just FPs) about `67/`68.
DMS were not allowed at School nor the Crop either.Some Kids were expelled through that - this was when the Skinhead was at its peak in all the Papers etc.There was a High School in Guildford(cannot remember the Name now)where there were some smart Boys attending.Blazers and Trousers very clean and pressed,Hair was with a side-parting and they all wore Royals.
Whilst waiting in the Queue at a Jamaican Takeaway(outside the Queens),last Saturday,over their small Sound System there was the sweetest Ska.I nearly forgot about the Football(should have done as it happens)and kept close by.
Royal Gibsons.....looking very smart.
Each to their own Kingstonian .I carry a small Bag(not a Handbag) which goes over the Shoulder and would fit inside an Overcoat when Cold.This works for me.When I go away for the Weekend,a Black Patchwork Leather Bag that is a medium size Holdall.Bought that from Cyprus - a few years ago.
Rest In Peace Arfur....
How did you know that was "The Look"I am adopting now.................
You bought "Shrink To Wear" Levis with about 3" (I think)longer in the Length.After shrinking them in the Bath(or wade out into the Sea) the Length would shorten.I did nothing more.With the original Turn-ups the Stitching was not all the way around.(I saw this on later Skinheads).With the Hemming,if your Mum did not own a Singer,most Households did in those days,you asked your Mates Mum or got hold of "Wonder Webbing".This was not 100%.The Suits/Trousers were mostly MTM.If...