or Connect

Posts by browniecj

Personally speaking I would say no.It was shorter at the top(around `67/`68)then mostly one Cut later.
skinny legs,I loved Greenwich Market(had a Stall there after returning from Cyprus).There was so much stuff there - if you looked hard enough.A brilliant Ska/Rocksteady/Early Reggae Stall just down from my Pitch.Great Fella running it as well.
In those days M-o-M it was not 2ndHand but "Antique Clothing"
I'm guessing the originals didn't wear really any second hand gear apart from the odd 'hand me down' (cue Faces song of the three button variety  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1CpkZQz9hY! - wonder if that was based on 'Rod the Mod's' own experience?  And of the charity shops back in 69-70 maybe they were full of old Ted gear?  Given the skinhead era in its full flowering was very short maybe even older brothers wouldn't have handed down their gear to younger ones as by...
There were others covering Coffee Bars etc.
Where`s Buttons when you need him..........
I see we have been airbrushed totally out of History now,along with the Original Mods.Channel 4 has "Street Style And Sound" and it explores(I quote) "The various sounds and styles on Britains Streets through the ages are celebrated in this music and fashion series".Episode 1,The first Programme explores mods,ska scene,skinheads and the scooter boys of the 80s. WTF,how is that exploring Music and Fashion through the Ages,you lazy journalist bstards?You have only gone back...
I will have a look,sounds interesting.
Welcome notyraverage,to the Forum.