or Connect

Posts by browniecj

Great to have you back Bunty. I believe John would call them Solatios,I would call them Italian Basket Weaves,a Shoe I liked but never got to buy.I have a feeling they were earlier than `68 though.
"Skins" was used early in Graffiti - same time as "Boot Boys"
Never heard the "Futurist" Label -seems to be People who were ahead of the Game(even more so than Faces).
Listening to the Podcast now.Saw the Pretty Things in the Marquee,around `66.Good Live Band. Whoops doubled up
Got to admit Little Queenie never really thought about the Accents,but to someone like yourself(who was born and bred there)it must have been awfu.A bit like the Accent in East Enders is Essex - nothing like it was.
:D
Just come across another Biker Club that started in`69(The Vikings M.C.).Never saw any of those,so I suppose they were East Surrey - towards Croydon way.
I like that Picture,M-o-M.
The Road Rats started in London,in the 60s.Never had any problems with them..They have many run-ins against the Hells Angels - to their name.I remember(in the 80s)we were driving back from an All-Nighter,near Wolverhampton and a big procession of Bikes came onto the M6.They were Road Rats.Some of the Bikes sounded pretty good.......Just remembered,when I lived in Derby(Allenton) there was a Road Rat Club House just along the Street from us.The Neighbours did not mind them...