or Connect

Posts by coolpapa

Just arrived.
To higher end/more expensive wines, basically beyond stuff they bought at the supermarket.
Mark I bet Silver Oak was a gateway wine for a lot of people.
I think at one time, in the 80s and early 90s they were reasonably well made wines. But somewhere along the way Justin Meyer decided he wanted to make a lot of money and he really ramped up production, and I think quality became secondary. They have a reputation for buying subpar fruit and essentially making the wine in a lab. They've done a fantastic job building their brand, but I really don't care for the wine.
Is there anything below Silver Oak?
She should be sweeping the floors in a prison.
This has come up many times in recent years and the consensus is generally that Moonbeam is not suitable for pants.
I've done business with several tailors/vendors in Naples and Patrizio is head and shoulders above the rest. He's responsive, straightforward, and provides exceptional customer service. Not just exceptional for Naples, but exceptional in absolute terms. Most importantly the quality of his product is top notch, I've never had a problem with any tie he's ever made for me and I probably have a few dozen. He's a gentleman and he's got great taste.
Looks soooo tender.
I'm not sure how much flexibility there is on the width of knit ties. I don't think they're made in the same way as wool or silk. I visited with Patrizio a couple of years ago and if I recall correctly, he told me that knit ties are made by a machine very similar to that used to make socks, so the tie comes out essentially as a tube, and you cut it to the length you want, close the ends, etc. I may be way off here, but I'm not certain it's as easy to customize the width...