or Connect

Posts by coolpapa

Amen. I'm good on the older, still working on the accomplished part.
I really like the backpacks. I need something to replace the Titleist backpack I've been using for the last two years. It's a bit discordant with everything else.
Jesus it's not even hot you pussies.
I think this particular discussion brings this thread to an undeserved and ignominious end.
Luca does not travel with a cutter. You generally only get a cutter if you go to Naples (and maybe Milan, I can't remember if they have cutters there). In my experience, Rubinacci is ill served by this approach. The suits and jackets I have that had fittings in Naples are better than those that were not. Luca should bring a cutter with him when he comes to NYC. I don't know why they don't do that.
I do both. The oldest stuff in my cellar I bought on release is 1996. I buy older stuff at auction to drink while waiting for the younger stuff to age.
Yes, but you can buy it at auction. I love aged champagne and have frequently purchased at auction, usually winebid. I find that great aged champagne can generally be a good value relative to great aged still wines. There are exceptions, Krug, Salon come to mind, but generally speaking, you can get stuff from the large houses, like 90 Dom, 88 Pol Roger Winston Churchill, etc, for less than three bills/bottle at auction.
I think they definitely shill for certain restaurants and/or restaurant groups. Now whether or not they are explicitly paid to do so I don't know, but it gets silly sometimes.
I've been to this place and it is fucking terrible. When they set the food on the table my first thought was "I could have made this shit at home". Eater has been shilling for them since they opened, but I will be shocked if this place is still open in a year.
Ridiculously so in my opinion.