or Connect

Posts by BobD

Quote: Originally Posted by bach Hr seems nice and low. Was that a pretty easy piece for you? What's your max hr?... It is fairly easy, although as normal my HR creeops upwards as the piece goes on. I've not worked out my Max HR other than the 220-age method, and the 130 is about 65-70% based on that calculation. I've been trying to set up my WR and laptop to do some virtual races with others, but for some reason I can't connect the two...
Well, after I posted a few months ago, I bought myself a Waterrower. Great piece of equipment for my needs. To be clear, I am an ex University and (small nation) National team member but now a working parent with no time to get to the local river. With a multi year gap between my last outing in a boat to the new Waterrower, I'm starting from a very low level of fitness, and no doubt some dodgy technique. I'm following the example programs on the Waterrower/coach...
It's from H&M, no?
brah! as in Bro, as in Brother. No good evah!
Quote: Originally Posted by AndyMcL I've used waterrowers before and they're only OK. They don't offer the same kind of resistance that C2 rowers do. For just general fitness waterrowers are probably okay, but you can't really compare times from them with Concept 2 machines. If it's something that you think you might get serious about, Concept 2 is the best option. I'm not looking to start a serious rowing career again. I'm now a family guy...
Hi folks I'm thinking of investing in a Waterrower for home. Anyone use one? A C2 might be the standard but as I don't have a gym room and it's pretty noisy and ugly, I figured the Waterrower was equal in performance and quiet enough to let me do an early morning workout while wife and baby slep upstairs. Also it looks much better. I'd love to get back into the sport seriously, but working life and family life stop that. Those of you training in School or...