or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

On the other hand, I was able to make a snatch for 95kg (90% of my all time PR) first time since wrist sprain the other month. No wraps on the wrists either Adding a few kg per week pretty steady during recovery, hopefully get back to 100% in May.Plus, my technique is quite improved, as I've been hammering some small points during recovery process, especially third pull. Lock out on snatch is still iffy; aside from wrist, the shoulders are still kinda weak from not...
Saw this dude doing a sick circuit today: biceps with biceps and biceps then biceps. After flexing in the mirror for a bit, he really went crazy with some DB shrugs at 20kg in each hand.
When overhead with bodyweight-loaded bar first time since wrist sprain. Felt pretty decent. Plan is to try max effort singles sometime in early April, which I think will be good.Coach is competing in US National Masters Championship this weekend, he should take first in his class easily; currently he is only a few kg behind the world records for his class, so it would be sweet to see him take a couple of those also.My body is an enigma. Back when I was doing general...
So weak.... between wrist sprain and too much work preventing frequent gym time the past two months, 70% lifts never felt more difficult.
Damn.... No wraps, no suit. Not even using squat shoes. Just a belt. And apparently he "only" did 905 because they didn't have enough plates to put on more weight. (http://70sbig.com/blog/2013/02/meet-the-man-who-squats-905-raw/)
The way I look at it, by definition, a 1RM is the weight at which your muscles are no longer able to produce the necessary force -- and therefore form -- to execute a movement. For me, if I feel the form suffering too much where I might hurt myself, I bail on the rep. If it feels a little off but not uncomfortable or not producing excessive strain, I'll push through. It depends on how well you know your body and how much stress to which you're willing to subject yourself....
Lucky. Most Oly comps give you 1-2 hours between weigh-in and session time. Not enough time to fully digest one meal, let alone several.
3 eggs, 1/4 pound cured pork of some kind, fruit (apple/peach/berries), toasts, orange juice, Greek yogurt with granola, and then some baked goods, perhaps cookies or donuts. Every day. Although on weekends I may sub out the Greek yogurt for a triple stack of pancakes or french toast smothered in butter and syrup.
Since spraining my wrist, workouts have just been two squat sessions per week, because I can't really do much else. Aside from strength, going heavy each time with plenty of recovery is doing wonders for flexibility and form-- deeper, faster, more stable. Going to try empty bar snatches and C&J next week sometime and see how the wrist holds up. Would be nice to do competition in April, but that may be rather ambitious.Back when I was single, the #1 goal on my Fuck-it List...
I find that girls really like goblet squats. I'll leave it at that.