or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

What a freak. And just like you, I mean that as a compliment, in the best way possible. Does he post training logs anywhere?I'm pretty sure he did Oly lifting for a while. I seem to recall his stating that he "was a mediocre 94" with a total around 300kg, I believe. (Which is mediocre by world standards, but hardly anything to scoff at.) But I could be mistaken on that number.
I'm a fan of the TripleB sandwich.... bacon and brisket between brownies. Can't eat pop-tarts anymore. My parents bought me a costco-sized case in college, and I got so sick of eating them. To this day the sight of a frosted strawberry will make me gag a little bit.
If it's not one thing, it's another.... just about to get back into a schedule and I tear a good 3cm long piece of skin off my thumb during a 120kg clean complex today. The biggest flapper I've ever seen, pretty grotesque. Guess I won't be pulling anything heavy for yet another week.
After 5 months of minor discomforts, inconsistent work schedules, wrist sprain, poor sleep, and frequent travelling that have impeded progress, I'm starting to feel normal and it finally looks like I can get into a decent routine for the next few months. But now I can't decide whether to be vain and work around maintenance levels to look good for any beach trips, or to go balls-to-the-wall, no holds barred, heavy weights and big eating to try and eclipse 240lbs.
It's not that bad-- just cover vegetables in cheese sauce or garlic butter, after cooking them in bacon fat. Also, avocado/guac is good for calorie dense vegetable.
[rant]As someone in his 4th year of PhD studies, let me say this: you had better really fucking LOVE the topic and have no justification for pursuing PhD other than that. Maybe econ is different than my field (biophysics), but the reality is that doing a PhD for practical experience to help get an industry job isn't particularly useful. Experience almost always trumps academics, except in academia. Chances are I'll have to do a couple shit post-docs before actually getting...
cool story bro
TFW you squat almost 400 pounds one day, and the next day your ass and legs are so sore that the idea of bearing your own bodyweight seems an impossibility.Why not do L-sit pull-ups combined? And then go Beast-Mode^2 by holding a dumbbell in your ankles while doing L-sit pull-ups?Weighted L-sit pull-ups or dragon flags are great for efficiency; get some pulling, upper-back, and ab work all at the same time!
On the other hand, I was able to make a snatch for 95kg (90% of my all time PR) first time since wrist sprain the other month. No wraps on the wrists either Adding a few kg per week pretty steady during recovery, hopefully get back to 100% in May.Plus, my technique is quite improved, as I've been hammering some small points during recovery process, especially third pull. Lock out on snatch is still iffy; aside from wrist, the shoulders are still kinda weak from not...
Saw this dude doing a sick circuit today: biceps with biceps and biceps then biceps. After flexing in the mirror for a bit, he really went crazy with some DB shrugs at 20kg in each hand.