or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

Dear Six-pack Abs,It's been nice having you around for the past few years, but I think we should stop seeing each other for some time. You see, I'm just not satisfied with my current progress and it's time to commit to bigger goals. Literally. It may be sad for a little bit, and my girlfriend may not be too pleased, but I am certain that when we re-unite in the future we'll be even better than before.Sincerely, Speedy4500You like 'em tight? I squeeze my 28" thighs and 40"...
Was out at bar with the woman on Friday, and while I was taking a leak some dude starting chatting her up and she's like "I'm waiting for my bf." Then he asked "Yeah, well is he bigger than me?" At which point I walked back and she pointed at me. Apparently, he then said to her "Uh, so yes... he's definitely bigger than me" and turned around and high-tailed it outta there. Even though I'm hardly huge at 6'1" and 210, the nation's capital is the land of dyel figgy hipsters....
I won't be happy until I can snatch into the 300+ lbs range i.e. "tfw you throw someone's max deadlift over your head" But seriously, most good guys I know, as long as they see you pushing yourself, you'll get respect. Pretty much everyone, at some point in their strength pursuits, was pumped to pull 3 plates or bench 2.
Currently 28 BMI at 6'1", still have ab definition. Shooting for 30 BMI "lean-ish" come spring time next year; I'm calling it "30 by 30"..... reaching non-fatty 230lbs by the time I turn 30 years old in April.Interestingly, apparently 28 BMI precludes one from participating as a "healthy adult" volunteer in NIH clinical studies-- I was rejected for being "overweight." Would've been nice to get $650 for two 3 hour visits.
it's possible to not get a medal at local meets? Any meet I've done rarely had more than 3 people per class and also gives out medals for top 3 in class.... practically 90% of the participants get a medal.
It's been about 18 weeks since the sprain. I literally did not hold a barbell in my hands for 4 weeks. Then empty barbell for 2 weeks. 8 weeks after injury I pressed 100 lbs for first time. I did not and do not use wraps; bones and ligaments need to be stressed for proper reconstruction and growth. I did use a brace for the first 2 weeks though.
Matched all-time snatch PR for first time since wrist sprain. Lift was solid, felt nice to have big weight over head.
What a freak. And just like you, I mean that as a compliment, in the best way possible. Does he post training logs anywhere?I'm pretty sure he did Oly lifting for a while. I seem to recall his stating that he "was a mediocre 94" with a total around 300kg, I believe. (Which is mediocre by world standards, but hardly anything to scoff at.) But I could be mistaken on that number.
I'm a fan of the TripleB sandwich.... bacon and brisket between brownies. Can't eat pop-tarts anymore. My parents bought me a costco-sized case in college, and I got so sick of eating them. To this day the sight of a frosted strawberry will make me gag a little bit.
If it's not one thing, it's another.... just about to get back into a schedule and I tear a good 3cm long piece of skin off my thumb during a 120kg clean complex today. The biggest flapper I've ever seen, pretty grotesque. Guess I won't be pulling anything heavy for yet another week.