or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

I won't be happy until I can snatch into the 300+ lbs range i.e. "tfw you throw someone's max deadlift over your head" But seriously, most good guys I know, as long as they see you pushing yourself, you'll get respect. Pretty much everyone, at some point in their strength pursuits, was pumped to pull 3 plates or bench 2.
Currently 28 BMI at 6'1", still have ab definition. Shooting for 30 BMI "lean-ish" come spring time next year; I'm calling it "30 by 30"..... reaching non-fatty 230lbs by the time I turn 30 years old in April.Interestingly, apparently 28 BMI precludes one from participating as a "healthy adult" volunteer in NIH clinical studies-- I was rejected for being "overweight." Would've been nice to get $650 for two 3 hour visits.
it's possible to not get a medal at local meets? Any meet I've done rarely had more than 3 people per class and also gives out medals for top 3 in class.... practically 90% of the participants get a medal.
It's been about 18 weeks since the sprain. I literally did not hold a barbell in my hands for 4 weeks. Then empty barbell for 2 weeks. 8 weeks after injury I pressed 100 lbs for first time. I did not and do not use wraps; bones and ligaments need to be stressed for proper reconstruction and growth. I did use a brace for the first 2 weeks though.
Matched all-time snatch PR for first time since wrist sprain. Lift was solid, felt nice to have big weight over head.
What a freak. And just like you, I mean that as a compliment, in the best way possible. Does he post training logs anywhere?I'm pretty sure he did Oly lifting for a while. I seem to recall his stating that he "was a mediocre 94" with a total around 300kg, I believe. (Which is mediocre by world standards, but hardly anything to scoff at.) But I could be mistaken on that number.
I'm a fan of the TripleB sandwich.... bacon and brisket between brownies. Can't eat pop-tarts anymore. My parents bought me a costco-sized case in college, and I got so sick of eating them. To this day the sight of a frosted strawberry will make me gag a little bit.
If it's not one thing, it's another.... just about to get back into a schedule and I tear a good 3cm long piece of skin off my thumb during a 120kg clean complex today. The biggest flapper I've ever seen, pretty grotesque. Guess I won't be pulling anything heavy for yet another week.
After 5 months of minor discomforts, inconsistent work schedules, wrist sprain, poor sleep, and frequent travelling that have impeded progress, I'm starting to feel normal and it finally looks like I can get into a decent routine for the next few months. But now I can't decide whether to be vain and work around maintenance levels to look good for any beach trips, or to go balls-to-the-wall, no holds barred, heavy weights and big eating to try and eclipse 240lbs.
It's not that bad-- just cover vegetables in cheese sauce or garlic butter, after cooking them in bacon fat. Also, avocado/guac is good for calorie dense vegetable.