or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

First day in gym since Dec 19, 2013. Just work up to 85kg snatch complex (hang+pull+power), 5x100kg FS sets, and 4x95kg push press sets. Shit felt heavy. Also, the exterior damper on the ventilation system at my office is frozen open, allowing the cold air outside to flow inside the building. The temp at my desk is about 42 F... currently wearing long johns and flannel lined khakis, double wool socks, and undershirt+sweatshirt+sweater, with a small space heater aimed at...
PR hang clean at 300lbs (136kg) this week. Pretty pleased with that. Still wish my body wasn't so poorly proportioned for squats. I'm in the same boat. Although I'm more concerned with body composition as a means to an end--where that end is a 300kg total--I also have put on some decent size since going full throttle in October. Had to buy some new clothing up a size (or two) in the last month; nothing special just cheap shit. Definitely growing that thick weight lifter...
Yes, those are the ones. I guess if I had gotten XL maybe it wouldn't be an issue. But I like my compression shorts tight so I went with the smaller end of my range.
Man, the seams on these Eastbay compression shorts are crap, or else I'm just too big and powerful. Seams had popped on my other 2 pair, and today with the third pair the crotch seam ripped and my right nut was hanging out the entire workout. Not cool. The material on these things is nice and thick but I'm afraid the cut and construction leaves something to be desired.
The GF decided about a month ago that she wanted to get into better shape. Not that she's in terrible shape to begin, but she's always done the typical girl workout of LISS cardio on a machine, then 300 different kinds of crunches and 5 lb dumb bell movements. I told her that her current workouts are a great way to prevent getting fat, but it really will not be effective at reaching the goals she wants. So after rephrasing all the benefits of weight training into reasons...
Damn, apparently Ilya Ilin is joining Klokov on his east coast US seminar tour, NY, PA, and next North Carolina. And from the videos posted, it looks like Ilin is actually spending a lot of time teaching and helping people. Wish I had the money and time to attend.
Yes, I agree with this sentiment in general. People should be proud of improving themselves. Most of us started as tiny DYEL phaggots with dreams to be big and strong and making those improvements is tremendously motivating. I still remember the first time I pulled 225 pounds; now I regularly power snatch that much.However, what ticks me off is people slamming plates when they just PR a 135lb bench, or throwing weights when they just curled 40lb for a set. Hell, I've heard...
That's the killer. Most Crossfit gyms have pretty sick equipment... tons of bars, racks, bumpers, squat stands, plates, etc. But there are not many that will just allow you to go in on your own and do whatever you want-- unless you're a Crossfit icon or coach. I've tried, when I go home for holidays, to see about using the local Crossfit gym to do weight lifting for a week or so, but the standard response is "You can buy a package of 10 classes for $150" or some shit like...
3 yeas ago I dipped under 170 for a brief time. My friends and family thought I was literally dying.
300 lb bench press in the books. It was a grinder through the middle, but otherwise my spotter said it looked solid: kept the ass on the bench, feet on the floor, and even hands on the way up. Now maybe a squat PR next week before gorging myself on Thxgiving?