or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

2014 training is not going so well. Inconsistent schedule, travelling, random nonsense popping up... missing 1-2 workouts every week pretty much. Making some good tech revisions to snatch and C&J, but damn near zero progress in strength this year. Can't decide whether to do a cut back to 94kg class for next competition (and look good for summer) or try to hang in as an underweight yet slightly fluffy 105 on my way to putting on more mass to hit the long-term goal...
Certainly science and the easily available info allows the average Joe to have the best programs and diets. But I have recently been surprised several times at overhearing moderately sized college bros discuss their pinning habits. So, yes.... both.
Is this real life?
Everyone is right. Keeping feet straight(er) would increase tension in the legs (and torque in the knees) because they will not be moving in the path of least resistance. Subsequently, this tension is also likely to lead to discomfort. If I put you in an arm bar, there's going to be tension on your elbow and shoulder, and you'll also be screaming in pain. That being said, almost every champion weight lifter has feet pointed outwards, some rather significantly, based on...
Usual weight room was closed after work yesterday. So I went to the "fitness center." Infested with curl-bros. No leg workouts to be seen anywhere, unless you count leg extensions and calf raises. Dudes staring at themselves in the mirror for every rep. Does it even count as a curl when you use primarily legs, hips, and shoulders to get the weight up? Smells like Axe. Using buddies to spot and assist on cable machine triceps extensions-- I guess trying to set a PR. Is this...
Looks like the weight was a bit behind him and couldn't hold it coming up, fell backwards onto his ass and didn't push away from the barbell, which then crashed onto his upper back. Being that he was dumping, he wasn't braced for the barbell hitting him again. You can definitely see the moment when he legs just go "numb" for lack of a better word. I looked at other videos of him and he appears to have fairly sound technique. I often take ~300 lbs from overhead to front or...
I am a big fan of my Romaleos 2:(hitting extension on power clean)They're the best fitting shoe I've ever worn, period. Going on close to 2 years ownership now, only the outside heel is showing wear, otherwise they look practically new. Given my anatomy (high ratio of limb length to torso size), a higher heel would probably benefit me, but it's not a huge deal. I also like how they appear not that different from a regular Nike sneaker; I'm not much for gym swag or labels,...
First day in gym since Dec 19, 2013. Just work up to 85kg snatch complex (hang+pull+power), 5x100kg FS sets, and 4x95kg push press sets. Shit felt heavy. Also, the exterior damper on the ventilation system at my office is frozen open, allowing the cold air outside to flow inside the building. The temp at my desk is about 42 F... currently wearing long johns and flannel lined khakis, double wool socks, and undershirt+sweatshirt+sweater, with a small space heater aimed at...
PR hang clean at 300lbs (136kg) this week. Pretty pleased with that. Still wish my body wasn't so poorly proportioned for squats. I'm in the same boat. Although I'm more concerned with body composition as a means to an end--where that end is a 300kg total--I also have put on some decent size since going full throttle in October. Had to buy some new clothing up a size (or two) in the last month; nothing special just cheap shit. Definitely growing that thick weight lifter...
Yes, those are the ones. I guess if I had gotten XL maybe it wouldn't be an issue. But I like my compression shorts tight so I went with the smaller end of my range.