or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

Yep, I found the stitching to be pretty awful on my Eastbay shorts too. Hole in the crotch junction and inner thigh in two pair within a few weeks. I bought some tights and shorts from the CompressionZ brand on amazon (linky) and I have been pleased. I would recommend giving them a try. Was a bit wary given they're only sold on Amazon, and the name is rather daft, but the reviews were pretty positive. The seams are much stronger, material is thicker than most, and the cut...
So Charly gonna be doing front squats as I introduce low bar wide stance powerlifting back squats into my routine. Is this real life? My goal being to strengthen the hips, hammies, and glutes to accomodate a wider landing stance during the snatch and clean. They're pretty awful (most likely because I still suck at them) but I'm already feeling more stable and confident in the receive positions.Just goes to show anyone saying something is for powerlifting or for...
Luckily [Olympic] weight lifters have the sort of aesthetics that I would want, so I don't worry about performance vs appearance.... it's all the same for me.I have a general template, but specific exercises are left up to what I feel will be most beneficial. One snatch focus day, one clean & jerk focus day, one lower weight technique day, one heavy singles day, and one general strength day. Except for the heavy singles day, each of the other is usually 3-4 big compound...
I feel like injuries with lighter weight is less because of wearing a belt (or straps or wraps or w/e) and more with a mentality of not taking the weight seriously. 200 pounds is probably an easy warm up for most people, and when you think about it like that, you're not going to commit yourself fully to the lift. Watch Charly videos, or almost any elite strength athlete... they will do a warm-up set at 300 pounds with the same form and concentration and intensity as they...
Don't short change yourself on your grip strength, though; hook helps a lot but it still takes a strong grasp when you're moving big weight.
And wouldn't you know it, today's workout when I get to the gym:Snatch complex: 2 hang from mid thigh + 1 power, 5 sets @ 90kgSnatch high pulls from floor: 3x5 @ 125kg5 sets front squat doubles at 135kg.Maybe skeen isn't into the girlies? To each his own.If anything, I think a lot of women even prefer a thick midsection. According to my GF and her friends, it looks more masculine and testosterone-fueled, as opposed to a dainty pretty-boy male model who spends too much time...
You called?
Maybe she took a shower before eating? FWIW, that "protein brownie" is probably better than some other options. No need to be a nazi about this stuff. Making small choices here and there to eat better can add up to real results. Small changes over time lead to more sustainable habits anyway.
RHET bros, what app(s) do you use to track diet and stuff? The GF wants to track her workouts and food intake using her iphone. Looking for something that is powerful and customizable and preferably free?
There's big difference between a guy doing 4hr cardio and also strength training daily (is it his fucking job or something?) and someone who sits at a desk/lab bench 10hr+ daily and is lucky to exercise 4hr in an entire week. Metabolizing carbs is fast and easy for the body and if they're available, that's what it will do. That guy will probably burn through most of those carbs easily just from his cardio, no big surprise there, so he doesn't have to worry about storing...