or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

I have similar goals as you. I'm 15 pounds short of BW (195lb) snatch and up to 1.25BW C&J, and I can tell you that gains on snatch and C&J are hard to come by at that level. Not only must you be strong, but you have to get the technique precise. There are days when I feel strong but the technique is off or vice versa, and it's frustrating. If I can hit those levels by New Year's I'll be stoked. Once I exchange summer activities like bike riding and soccer for more...
Squats were broken into 12-15 rep sets as necessary, trying to do them reasonably quickly. Deadlifts in the 8-10 range. It was hard but not ridiculous. I'd think most people would be capable of doing that sort of volume with ~60% of 1RM. I love doing weird rep schemes, it does good to alter the stimulus from time to time, instead of doing 5rep sets everyday.Also, 1RM calculators don't really work with higher reps. Higher reps start testing a different energy pathway which...
Since Irene screwed up my plans to go for a bike ride today, I figured some high volume shit would be a good sub.... so I squatted 225lb for 120 reps, and then 300lb deadlift, handstand pushups, pullups, each for 60 reps, segmented/superset as necessary to do it quickly. I thought it would take me a long time, but I actually finished in about an hour.Along those lines, I love doing plyometric type exercises after heavy lifts of the same muscle group. For me, at least, it...
Nuts are also great for adding mass. One cup of nuts a day would add about 800 calories. You can buy mixed roasted nuts in bulk at most supermarkets, or Costco/Sam's. They're low carb, decent protein, high fat, and lots of iron which is extremely important--oxygen binds to iron in your blood stream to get carried to the cells for ATP conversion. I can actually feel when my iron is low, especially in higher rep sets I'll lose explosiveness more quickly.Also, yesterday when...
Yea, the width is giving me pause. For AE shoes, 12B/C seems to be the sweet spot for me (depending on last), was thinking MAYBE I could make the 13A work. I'm going to see if the seller can take some measurements for me.But I do love the texture and color. Different enough to be interesting, but not really outlandish.
I really don't drink a lot of fluids. Usually around 2 liters total of only water and milk (I allow myself one night of alcohol per week). But I primarily eat whole vegetables and meat and fruit, and lot of them, all of which contain a good amount of water, so I think I get a lot of water via my food since don't ever feel--and my piss doesn't appear--dehydrated despite not drinking so much fluid. It is interesting to note how my water intake changes on cheat days when I...
I don't know why, but I kinda want these..... AE Sharkskin Wingtips
I found this muscle up video. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I enjoyed it. Very educational.http://vimeo.com/12905690
The thing is, to people with such high IQs, they perceive EVERYTHING as a waste of their time... not on purpose, and it really isn't their "fault," it's just a symptom of having such cognitive ability. They are doomed to obsess in only the most abstract thought processes that have little to no applicability to the real world.It's really no different from elite athletes who want to compete in the Olympics. Is the 100m breaststroke really applicable to the real world? No,...
I was in the situation of having to purchase organic milk a few weeks back because the only store I had time to go to on my way home was an all-organic store. Although I was pissed at paying 50% more than non-organic milk, there was actually a VERY noticeable taste difference, in a good way; a definite grassy/farmy taste and much more pronounced cream flavor. For produce, I don't care if they use pesticides and I've never really found a consistent difference in taste.... I...