or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

On the other hand, when I see someone who is well-dressed, colorful, coordinated and whatnot, I see someone with attention-to-detail, confidence, creativity, self-respect, and other positive aspects. Based on my experience in science, we need more people who are willing to take risks and push the envelope, not just a bunch of slaves to the system who trudge along and turn the crank.I'm still confused from where the idea arose that you can't both look good (or live well in...
I like this attitude.I prefer to wear something with a little bit of edge and pop; a striped or check shirt, colorful tie, perhaps a suit with an subtle pattern, and I do a pocket square. And of course, make sure it all fits well (which is light years ahead of most in my field). The primary goal is, of course, to discuss your work, but I don't think it would be harmful to stand out a little bit, to get people's attention, to initiate their thoughts of "What is this guy's...
Indeed, it's clearly an abuse of the recall mechanism. But this is what happens when we've gotten to the point that government has its hands in so many things; giving up that power and money will not come without a fight to the death. Spending $10M on a recall election so that they can later shuffle $100M amongst themselves is money well spent.
2. Yet other rich people are pissed off that they're not controlling all the power and money, so they make documentaries, write think-tank studies, go onto MSNBC or Fox, and get into fights with the rich people they're criticizing.2a. All the rich people insist that they know how to solve all problems that they (and those with whom they are fighting) have caused, and convince the populace to give them more money and power to do so.3. Nothing changes.
I must weird because I don't care about how "big" or "ripped" I am. Granted, I'm already fairly well built, but every single goal I have is relates to performance, not appearance. If appearance changes as well, so be it, but it's not my priority.The only size that matters to me is how large the numbers are on the plates that I'm moving. In fact, I'd rather remain my current size and appearance and just get stronger. Obviously there's a limit to that, but I'd like to...
I actually enjoy Boise, Idaho. The people in Idaho are very nice, and the city and surrounding areas are beautiful, if a bit on the slow and small side (but then I've spent most of my adult life in Chicago, Philly, and Washington, DC so my standards may be somewhat biased). Boise is not extremely far from Seattle/Vancouver or San Francisco--about 450miles to each area--so it wouldn't be difficult to go visit those cities on a quick weekend if you wanted. Out of the places...
Obviously you've never visited DC. People in this town have no concept of value or frugality, as expected when one's lifestyle is paid for by others.
Not all GOP attack Bain and PE ..... Ron Paul Defends Romney
It was pleasing to hear a few platforms down from me "Damn, I can't even backsquat that much" while I was C&J 120kg today. Unfortunately, things went to shit after that. The absence of Oly lift practice for 3 weeks over holidays led to two ugly misses today.... 1) Jerking 125kg, just totally lost focus for some reason. Jelly-arms, poor speed, terrible head position.... tried to adjust my feet and body to save it but ended up going down, both the weight and myself. No...