or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

I was in the situation of having to purchase organic milk a few weeks back because the only store I had time to go to on my way home was an all-organic store. Although I was pissed at paying 50% more than non-organic milk, there was actually a VERY noticeable taste difference, in a good way; a definite grassy/farmy taste and much more pronounced cream flavor. For produce, I don't care if they use pesticides and I've never really found a consistent difference in taste.... I...
+1 .... I love the bold and modern take on traditional style and the cuts seem quite elegant.If only I had enough money to buy one of each Phineas piece every season.
There are many private charities with which I'm willing to volunteer my time or to which I'll donate money. That's the best way to go about helping disadvantaged people. However, individuals on the street rarely get sympathy from me. There are countless ways for them to improve their situation--such as the aforementioned charities--but they refuse to do so because it's difficult and requires effort from them. If they're not willing to help themselves, then why should I...
5 reps of strict dead-hang chin-ups at (190lb bwt)+(90lb dumbbell)=280lbs. Pretty stoked.... gonna try the 100lb DB soon.Yea, it baffles me when dudes come in to the gym in street clothes (sometimes wearing sandles or flip-flops), workout for 30 minutes or so without a drop of sweat, and then leave. What are they accomplishing? Meanwhile, I'm searching for any last remnant of dry clothing to wipe the sweat off my face halfway through mine.
At La Chaumiere in Wash, DC: Tete de Veau, Bison ribeye wrapped in veal bacon. Yea, that's right.... TETE DE VEAU!!! VEAL BACON!!!
Inspired by MrCharly's insane cheats, I set about on my most ambitious cheat period yet, starting 5pm Friday until 5pm Saturday. I'm pretty sure I eclipsed 10000 calories, consisting of: 1 Ethiopian raw beef platter for two people (~1600 cal?) 1 entire rotisserie chicken dinner for two people, with fries & cole slaw (~2400 cal?) 2 pkgs Pepperidge Farm cookies (1150 cal each pkg) 1/2 container ice cream (1500 cal) 1 king size of each: Almond Joy, Reese's PB Cup,...
They're nice, for sure; however, for my preference, they're all over-restored. I like my classic cars to be classic. Older race cars usually left the factory with shitty paint, welding marks, uneven panels and gaps, and other little nuances that let you know it was made by people instead of some machine. Some popped stitching in the leather seats, a little peeling paint, or some tire or paint marks on the 250LM or D-type from rubbing fenders with other cars on the race...
Quote: Originally Posted by D Yizz I've been using a combined HIIT + resistance training routine for the past month and the results are outstanding. I'm gaining definition and mass at the same time, which has always been my goal. Thoughts, anyone doing something similar, sample routines? For a couple years nows, I've been doing heavy weight resistance on major functional movements for first half of workout and then HIIT/Crossfit for the second...
Quote: Originally Posted by David Reeves Something of a speciality of mine. Most of the suits I make for myself or clients are three piece. I just looked at the gallery on your site, David.... your suits look phenomenal, very stately and elegant. I tend to agree with the statement that it takes a certain attitude and build to pull off a three piece, but if one can do it, a three piece makes a hell of a statement. I also find that they work...
An NFL draftee (O-line, center/guard) has been working out at my gym lately during the lockout. He told me he did 225 for 33 reps in the combine and that he maxed at 1x465 in college. Even though he is on the small side for NFL O-line, he still dwarfs everyone in the weight room. It's just ridiculous to watch him throw weight around like nothing. He was doing "clean and jerks" with 185lbs-- I use quotations marks because he wasn't really using much in the way of legs or...