or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

I have bald spots on my thighs from where the bar skims along the surface and takes off the hair. It looks ridiculous. Oh well.
Girl pulling 325, raw. Not bad.
Depends on the bar. At my gym, some will bend with 120kg of plates, others I've pulled 200kg of plates with no bend.
Squatted 325lb deep for 3x3 even though I wasn't feeling particularly energetic today. It's nice to go into the gym expecting to crap out but then put up some decent weight.And some old black dudes were mighty impressed by my handstand push-ups.Power or full? And don't worry about being ugly, everyone starts out that way. The difference is between those who give up because it's hard, and those who keep practicing and for whom it becomes poetry in motion. Watching the legit...
Phineas is like the Ferrari, regular Paul Stuart or BB or Zegna is like the Mercedes S-class. One for play on the weekends, one for work. I'm sure there are plenty of people in addition to myself who enjoy wearing suits for fun, and I see Phineas as fulfilling the desire for fun clothing.I have a Ralph Lauren double-breasted suit with multicolor checking, and while more subtle than the PC offerings is far from a "staple" and certainly not something to wear to work. But...
Absolutely... not for the shy or reserved. Definitely some ballsy fits in there, but if you can pull it off, you'll make a statement, that's for sure.I love checks and windowpanes, but there's a few that are even too much for me--mostly the larger sized patterns, which seem disjointed. I do like the majority of it, though. Pages 1,3,4,5,7,10,11,15 are right up my alley.For some reason 8, 12 & 14 have a more 70s disco aesthetic to me than the English gentry look they seem...
If you suck at BB bench, maybe you should be doing them more.... you don't get better at something by NOT doing it.Details on coach and what gym you're training at? What did he have you doing?I think one of the biggest obstacles in the OLs is courage. So many times approaching 1RM/PR I'll get a nice pull but don't have the balls to get under the weight for the catch. Since spotters for OL are kind of impractical, it's just you on your own and if you screw up with the...
Many of the great Olympic lifters from Eastern Europe train[ed] 7 days a week, 2 times a day. They say that for the first 12-18 months of such training, they feel like shit, but they push through and then the body adapts to that training cycle and they see excellent gains.That's not to say that such training will work for everyone, but judging by the number of gold medals the Eastern Europeans have in OL, the idea that it's always bad to train with high frequency is bullshit.
I support this. Too many people think way too much when it comes to lifting. I've always been a fan of the "just grab the fuckin bar and go to town" school of weight lifting.
I have similar goals as you. I'm 15 pounds short of BW (195lb) snatch and up to 1.25BW C&J, and I can tell you that gains on snatch and C&J are hard to come by at that level. Not only must you be strong, but you have to get the technique precise. There are days when I feel strong but the technique is off or vice versa, and it's frustrating. If I can hit those levels by New Year's I'll be stoked. Once I exchange summer activities like bike riding and soccer for more...