or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by speedy4500

An NFL draftee (O-line, center/guard) has been working out at my gym lately during the lockout. He told me he did 225 for 33 reps in the combine and that he maxed at 1x465 in college. Even though he is on the small side for NFL O-line, he still dwarfs everyone in the weight room. It's just ridiculous to watch him throw weight around like nothing. He was doing "clean and jerks" with 185lbs-- I use quotations marks because he wasn't really using much in the way of legs or...
Like others, a good cut with sufficient fat needs nothing besides salt and black pepper. For some roasts or lean steaks (eye of round, skirt, any form of London Broil, etc) I'll whip together the following: worcestershire sauce, stone ground mustard, black pepper, minced garlic, paprika, and a touch of cumin.
I've had this rippling in several jackets as well, which I suspect is simply a result of strange build of the shoulders and upper back. My tailor fixes it by reducing material--in the vertical direction--up towards the neck on the back. It doesn't completely eliminate ALL the ripples, but reduces it significantly to the point that most people won't notice it. If you like everything else about the jacket, you may wish to go that route.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nosu3 Lack of inventions doesn't mean the species is of significantly lower intelligence. Nearly every human creation can be attributed to one anatomical function: the hands. It's not fair to judge other animals for their lack of creations when they don't possess hands. The hands are also the reason for our superior intelligence, otherwise we wouldn't be much different from other animals. So you're telling me if a...
Your argument against killing animals fails on its own grounds. Animals kill other animals all the time, without regard to some "cognitive" scale. Is it immoral for a lion to kill a gazelle? Or a honey badger to kill a cobra? No, because honey badger don't give a fuck. Animals have no concept of morality or self-awareness nor any concept of what "intelligence" is, so therefor they do not possess even close to the same magnitude of intelligence as humans do. If there is...
Quote: Originally Posted by intent That sounds stupid if they want to expand. Social networking depends on momentum, unlike gmail or their other betas. I'm inclined to disagree here. With the caveat that I've never used Facebook, it seems that enthusiasm for Facebook has waned as it became available to anyone. Part of the original allure was that you had to be in a select university to use it. Many of the original FB adopters between 2004-2006...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrchariybrown pumped for the IPA Raw Nationals on august 20th! anyone in the tristate area want to join in? Do they let you use straps for DL even in raw-unequipped? I managed 1100 raw total in the winter at 190lbs, which I imagine is no-where close to being competitive.... and in the summer I do more outdoor activities like riding bike and swimming instead of lifting big iron, so I'd probably struggle to break...
Berkshire pork standing rib roast. Half inch fat cap and very good marbling-- for pork, at least. This is gonna be a good one.
Quote: Originally Posted by OakCreekHitter I'm always a proponent for the "el naturale" ways. No protein shakes for me. Just eat more steak after a nice workout. +1. I've never taken a single supplement or even a sip of a protein shake in my life. I've always felt all this extra synthetic nutritional bullshit and supplements are for those who require that last 1% that a good diet and hard work can't achieve, and since I'm not an elite...
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty Done with strength/hypertrophy training for a bit...gettin a little too beefy for my frame, especially in the leg area. Gonna focus on athleticism a bit more and maybe do a slight cut; I downloaded enter the kb and infinite intensity. Not sure which will be better for my goals. Any suggestions? Rowing is a great option for this. It works everything between your shoulders and knees pretty evenly,...
New Posts  All Forums: