or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

Yea, I think I accelerate more in the 1st pull than most people do and I need to pop harder on the 2nd pull. I also noticed that I'm getting on my toes a tad early. I know my bar path is VERY straight, as opposed to the S-shape that seems to be the norm for the top lifters.Thanks. Definitely much to work on. Goal is to open at the next meet with my missed lifts (106,135).It's usually not as bad as in the video, but something I need to work on nonetheless. In training, I...
Ugh. As promised, here's video of the Oly Comp last weekend and it's not pretty. It's evident that I wasn't all together that day; slow and loose and weak, not precise in my movements. Also evident is my DYEL physique and my awful Oly Lifting body type with long legs and long arms. Weighed in at 91kg that day. Snatch at 100kg was a bit back but managed to save. Snatch at 106kg just a hair forward and I get on my toes receiving but can't get control. C&J attempt 3 was...
First Olympic Lifting Competition completed. Did well enough to get second in my weight class, but didn't meet my goals ... was so anxious the entire day (I didn't lift until almost 7pm) and a little off from being sick during the week. Two days later I'm still upset about missing but first place in my class was ridiculously good, so even if I had not missed I would be second place anyway. Also, I looked DYEL amongst most of the other lifters. My GF says to me "You look so...
I'm pretty sure that is Charly's whole point: it's lack of dedication to proper nutrition and training that hold people back, not innate physical barriers. Charly is saying that the majority of the population, were they to truly devote their selves to the goal of making elite lifts, could probably do it. I don't disagree with that sentiment. It's not easy, but excelling at anything is never easy.
Hmmm..... size 13 on the 'bay. Should I kop?
Calibrated digital scale has me at 95.3kg with lifting shoes and sweaty workout clothes. I think I'll be able to make 94kg for the competition after all. Tighten up the diet a bit, ditch the shoes, get a haircut, and take a dump.... shouldn't be too hard to knock off 4 lbs in 2 weeks.
Best snatch workout of my life 2.5 weeks out from competition. Two singles at 105kg and then one single at 106 (PR). Took a few attempts to hit the 106, but nonetheless I'm feeling good. Also saw a knucks doppelganger in the weight room today..... stocky, huge beard. But the dude struggled to push-press 185 lbs for a double and I'm quite sure knucks is way stronger than that.
Added a handful of kilos to C&J today. Almost at the 110/140 I want to put up at the competition in August. I'm about 98kg now, not sure if I can (or want) to drop to 94 for the meet. Oh well.... Also started doing hip, knee, and ankle stretches/mobility work at night beginning last week. Should have done it a LONG time ago.... everything feels quicker and more stable, not fighting against joints as much.
I've been decreasing my grain intake. Replacing with potato chips, candy, and ice cream. Seriously. And I feel better now, much less lethargic. I dunno what sort of bro-science could justify it..... although, I have found several sources that show chips, candy, and full-fat ice cream have lower GI than most breads or grain-based foods. But I doubt that has anything to do with it.