or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

Cardio for weightlifters: Snatch singles at 90%, 60 seconds rest between reps. Then C&J 10 singles at 90% with 90 seconds between reps. Brutal. Fun, but brutal. Last few reps really stress technique due to fatigue. You don't nail positions exactly right, you're gonna miss the lift.
Erg / Row. Get yourself a used Concept2. Advantages over other cardio: almost full body workout, fairly large RoM, very easy on joints, adjustable resistance. Most Concept2 rowers have pace boat modes and other games to keep the boredom at bay.Also, for pure "cardio" where the intent is to maximize lung and heart performance, rowing is tough to beat:So runners and cyclists often have higher VO2Max/kg but rowers generally have the best VO2max independent of body weight....
FTFYAlso, you're obviously not porking correctly. Most people buy shitty commodity pork that has all the fat trimmed off. Get yourself a Berkshire rib roast from a real butcher leaving at least a half-inch fat cap, season with the basics (s&p, garlic, paprika, mustard, etc), sear outside, then finish at lower temp for 90-120 minutes. You will never look at pork the same again.
I feel like this is pretty much how most weightlifters (olympic) train, myself included. Almost every single day I'm pressing, pulling, and using my legs. It can be super tough, but honestly I think if you want to get strong and jacked and you can learn to push through the rough times, frequent full body workouts will give some great results.If you're not used to it, that sort of training will be absolutely brutal for a couple weeks/months. But eventually you'll be able to...
Going to see how my stabbed thumb holds up to some no hook snatch and clean today. It was fine yesterday just with squats and presses. Hopefully if I tape it enough it doesn't open up again. Also, I hit up an Indian buffet for lunch and I can feel the godfather of shits coming on. If anyone in the DC Metro area smells something nasty in the next hour or so, I apologize.
Stabbed myself in the thumb pretty bad while cooking yesterday. Now I can't hook grip until it heals
I offer you my condolences. After 5 years here I am ready to move on.
What happened with the first DL? You started to drop before the signal? Or you felt like you hitched it up so you decided to just drop it before wasting energy?Also, what was your weigh in? I thought you were 198 class last time.... didn't feel like cutting this time around?
I like that in spite of the crazy spam this forum is getting, this RHET thread is still always near the top of the H&B sub-forum. It's a good metaphor to represent how those of us in this thread have overcome a barrage of devious forces in our world to become as strong as we can possibly be, and how we will continue to fight all the demons that seek to oppress us in the pursuit of strength and glory.
I have no idea what any of this shit means. I guess the new Do You Even Lift is Do You Even Gear?