or Connect

Posts by speedy4500

Going to see how my stabbed thumb holds up to some no hook snatch and clean today. It was fine yesterday just with squats and presses. Hopefully if I tape it enough it doesn't open up again. Also, I hit up an Indian buffet for lunch and I can feel the godfather of shits coming on. If anyone in the DC Metro area smells something nasty in the next hour or so, I apologize.
Stabbed myself in the thumb pretty bad while cooking yesterday. Now I can't hook grip until it heals
I offer you my condolences. After 5 years here I am ready to move on.
What happened with the first DL? You started to drop before the signal? Or you felt like you hitched it up so you decided to just drop it before wasting energy?Also, what was your weigh in? I thought you were 198 class last time.... didn't feel like cutting this time around?
I like that in spite of the crazy spam this forum is getting, this RHET thread is still always near the top of the H&B sub-forum. It's a good metaphor to represent how those of us in this thread have overcome a barrage of devious forces in our world to become as strong as we can possibly be, and how we will continue to fight all the demons that seek to oppress us in the pursuit of strength and glory.
I have no idea what any of this shit means. I guess the new Do You Even Lift is Do You Even Gear?
TFW hot girl at gym catches you watching her tits bounce while she works out, and gives you a smile and eyebrow raise. Followed by TFW when you catch her checking you out while you do your workout, and return the expression. Followed by TFW when you remind yourself that you have a girlfriend. Re: bench grip, I just try to minimize wrist strain. Towards the heel of the palm, loaded vertically above the forearm.... almost like a fist punching upwards. Then again, I don't...
+1. When I practice piano for a couple hours, my shoulders and upper back will be more sore than pretty much any gym workout. Yet I've never seen a yoked pianist with massive delts.
All you guys with your fancy calorie counting. The only difference between eating while "bulking" and cutting for me is how much junk food I eat. Bulking = candy with lunch, candy after workout, and ice cream after dinner. Cutting = candy after workout only.
Lowbar squats having some good influence on my main lifts. Used to never be able to stand up with heavy cleans if I didn't get the bounce at the bottom, but managed 140kg hang clean even after pausing for a moment to get in proper position. Also, grinding out a snatch dead lift at 180kg really puts into perspective just how strong the elite guys are who are snatching that much.