or Connect

Posts by nbernie

Where are the plaid flannel pants?!
Useful description of Carmina lasts by Ethan over at The Armoury thread. The Carmina lasts are all width specific - from my experience, you cannot get a narrow last made wide, nor a wide last made narrow. Rather they have lasts that are narrow or wide, with different shapes and toe boxes per last. What we currently carry are the following; Simpson - a narrow last with a chisel toe. Reasonably extended in the toe box, and a reasonably narrow waist. E width. Alcudia -...
One thing that has not been discussed for the boot is # of eyelets/ height. Are you just planning on doing same height as the model boot floating around? Seems to high to me.
^Yes those look terrible and I'm not going to get into this because I think they're not SF approved but I maintain Wallabees are excellent. Worn in an in chestnut they look good IMO.(College kid, agree it would be weird at older age)
Reno recommended for suede?
I like the whole cut idea but with cordovan wrinkles it would look weird IMO. Better to go calf. I would also vote no medallion or brogueing.
I have a pair of Clarks Wallabees that I've been wearing as my go to casual shoe for 3 or 4 years and the toe has parts where the suede nap is gone and its just the raw leather. As these are beaters/look good worn, I dont care, but the leather looks a little dry and I don't want a rip. Suggestions?
cognac would work best with this makeup IMO
I heard the new pants were coming in tomorrow
would prefer to see a bal boot in a lighter calfskin. This + danite sole would be good for a Mar-May, Sept-Nov boot.