or Connect

Posts by gdwy89

Those pants aren't my size and I have no idea what I would wear them with, but they are really beautiful. Interesting that you're in the opposite situation most of us find ourselves at any given moment thrifting (including myself right now). That is, a jacket but no pants.
^ I was made similarly confused/uncomfortable by that statement. Picked up my first Harris Tweed today. 42R Brown Herringbone. Also ran into those three navy pinstripe Oxxfords I found the other week. They made it all the way to the half-off tag, but still no pants in sight. Ugh. If someone is really jonesing for something Oxxford and is a 44R I'd proxy just to get some experience selling/shipping items (because I have some things in my closet I'd like to move when I have...
Anything good in the last 500 posts? Between finally being employed, my long commute, and going to the gym, I can't keep up with this thread anymore (or thrifting for that matter). I wish there was some kind of "best of The official thrift/discount store bragging thread" every week. I was able to get out this weekend and found three (recent?) Oxxford suits, all navy 44R in various pinstripe configurations. No pants. Naturally. I have the day off tomorrow so I'll think...
Earlier this week I found a three piece navy pinstripe suit in my size. It was made in Colombia by a company I'd never heard of, but it was canvassed, my size, and $8 so I thought I'd take a chance. Anybody else ever picked up anything by Don Robbie? My Googlefu revealed he designed for Pierre Cardin and Yves Saint Laurent back in the 60s and early 70s, had his own label between 1974 and 1985, and, as of a little over a decade ago, had pretty much lost his...
Stopped by the Goodwill yesterday afternoon and saw they were having a 50% off sale later that night. Dilemma: do I buy the things I want in the afternoon or wait until they are 50% off? There was nothing I saw for myself, so I decided to wait. Despite pleasing the thrift gods by reuniting 4 separated suits I missed out on a NWT BB Makers tie to give to my dad for Hanukkah. Oh well. I did end up getting: - NWT Burberry London houndstooth shirt, XL - J Press, Plymouth...
That's Bill Blass. I've never seen anything nice by Bill Blass (and I see a lot of Bill Blass), but I understand at one point (the 80s?) it was high quality or at least high prestige line. Bret Easton Ellis referenced about 100 times in American Psycho (great movie, terrible book).
Edit: Also, ^ UNFFFF.I honestly thought you were kidding and then I looked it up:http://neckandwaist.blogspot.com/http://www.instructables.com/id/Will-Those-Thriftstore-Pants-Fit-No-Dressing-Room/This might be worth a shot next time I go to a thrift store without a dressing room (but I'll do my best to make sure no one is watching).
Found a large reverse seam Steven Alan shirt today (it's kinda goofy but I might end up keeping it), but the real reason I'm posting this is because when I tried to check out, there was a guy in front of me that bought $123 worth of t-shirts at maybe 99 cents a piece(?) He saw me with my lone shirt and was very apologetic although he had already let a few customers go before him before I got in line so I was very gracious. I was left wondering under what circumstances...
I can't think of any other circumstance where someone could get away with saying this about another person's pants. But then again maybe I'm wrong and someone should give it a try in a bar as a pickup line.
Yep, that's the one.I've been doing this for less than a year and I'm still getting the hang of it as well (I can't imagine having to start reading this thread from the beginning now instead of the 600 pages I had to slog through in January when I started my education). Everybody always has something to learn and something to teach which is why I enjoy this thread so much. It also helps keep me motivated during my dry spells (which are frequent).I guess what I'm trying to...