or Connect

Posts by kungapa

Quote: Originally Posted by randallr I might buy this off you! Seriously...maybe a year or two out from popping the question. Does it still have the box? Fuck, if I were you I'd want it back. Do you really want to use a ring with that kind of history to pop the question?
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Your points are moot. Just because this one or that one did this does not mean the next in line will do likewise. In any case you have yet to provide a counter of any kind to my remark. Do you mean your comment "LOLWUT?" I was pointing to the fact that the realpolitik concept of "regional stability" has had rather undesirable consequences for lots of people in the region, and as such that very concept might...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's What do your comparisons have to do with this UN resolution? You were framing this resolution in terms of regional stability. I was pointing to other cases where "regional stability" has had rather undesirable consequences, such as extensive torture and killing of unarmed protesters. Quote: What pressure do you expect the US to impose? Cut them off trade wise? That would surely create a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's LOLWUT? Are you implying that you were unaware of the active US support of Mubarak, and of Mubarak's policies towards the Egyptian population? Given the US tradition in supporting despots, are you also unaware of the support of the Shah of Iran and of Pinochet in Chile? This isn't exactly a new practice on the part of the US. What are you trying to say? Quote: If the US agreed to this it...
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 I didn't look at your link, but let me guess what it got us: 30 years of stability? Not for the Egyptian people. Torture, killings and oppression isn't very stable if you are the one getting killed, tortured and oppressed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Sounds like a smart move to me. If the US went along with this it would only further the destabilization of the region. The US supported Mubarak for 30 years in the name of stability. We saw what that got us: http://aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/C3725...oogleStatID=21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnUQ...ipcontrinter=1 Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I think that if a pal politician...
Quote: Originally Posted by computerpro3 So you don't have $15 to take the train for a freaking hour to NYC? Hell, if you live in New Haven the train station is 10 minutes tops from where you live. Or if the train's not your thing, it's a 45min limo ride - we took one to go shopping at Madison avenue a while back. Stop trying to complain for the sake of appearing like a "cool big city urbanite." I don't think you get it - people that live in CT...
I figured this was due for a bump.
Quote: Originally Posted by Singular Stuck in Stockholm/Arlanda customs since 9th due to a wrongly addressed customs request to me...hopefully released and re-stocked tomorrow. /M Well, expect an order tomorrow then...
Quote: Originally Posted by mm84321 Bridgeport? You sound miserable. For what it's worth, the absence of any actual "city", by most's definition of the word, isn't necessarily a bad thing. There is definitely an upside of living in a location that isn't a tourist attraction, or home to mass populations of people. And by no means is Connecticut a state without its own attractions, but it generally tends to attract a certain class of...