or Connect

Posts by kungapa

Quote: Originally Posted by haganah If you believe the original occupants are the owners, then I guess you'd give it to the Jews. Surely you must then give it to the caananites.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pieceofsand They don't look that big. Maybe 40mm? The model above is 43mm.
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas those parnis watches really look nice, though the movements are not nearly so much fun to look at. still, for under $100, they're fantastic. I'm very tempted to get one and throw it on a NATO strap for a sporty summer look. I did that. Looks great.
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkI So I finally did it, said my peace, and walked out on her. I'm literally in the cab for 10 minutes and I get a text, "I love you so much and i'm so sorry" I dont really, couple of minutes later, "You said this would take time, but you're forcing it on me I can't do that." Now I just got home, and early in the night, we fucked, and called her by a petname, and then I just asked what her favorite nickname was, that...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter yet the fact remains that villages that made it clear that they were going to be peaceful and not warlike ended up part of israel and with full citizenship rights. that makes it hard to claim that the jews were throwing everyone out because they wanted the land. now, I would be happy to agree that, in the warlike villages there were probably some peaceful arabs and probably some warlike arabs in the villages that...
Quote: Originally Posted by deadly7 Don't do it. Wear a suit, or at worst odd trousers and a sport coat. Suited it up. Would have looked silly if I didn't - everyone else was in a suit. Of course, my own quiet rebellion was a silk knit tie and a pair of double monks.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter no, but tens of thousands of jews were "ethincally cleansed" from lands that were controlled by the palestians, as well. it is very hard for the palestinians to claim innocence when they were killing jewish women and children in eastern jerusalem and villages in the west bank. not to mention the palestinian support of the nazis. again, lets keep in mind how many jews were killed in this process - as many if not more than...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter true, I don't dispute benny morris - but the term "ethnic cleasing" is very heavily wieghted today, adn suggests of soldiers lining people up against the wall and shooting them. yes, in the same way that the jordanians, egyptians, syrians, Iraqis and lebanese pushed out hundreds of thousands of jews whose families had lived in those places since before islam, some palestinians were pushed out of...
And so it happened, unsurprisingly. Israel passed the two very undemocratic bills: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...046440,00.html One bars public funding for the Palestinians to commemorate their heritage, "their" government effectively denying the validity of their suffering and heritage. The other one effectively sanctions "separate and unequal", allowing admissions committees in villages to screen people based on "suitability for community life", giving...
I have an interview for a program today. The interviewers are typically dressed in business casual, no tie. Being a semi-unorthodox candidate, with a semi-unorthodox reason for going to business school, can I get away with wearing a nice dark pair of jeans, with an ocbd, a tie, a jacket and some brown derbies? Or is this REALLY frowned upon?