or Connect

Posts by kungapa

Quote: Originally Posted by the_k hmm, maybe its the pictures that make them look bad. These shoes have seen minimal wear. They were not stored properly but I am sure they will get better with a little wear as the leather softens. The leather soles only have initial wear common to all leather soles. The uppers are a little stiff from being unworn in a while. All the writing on the insoles in still visible. I did however drop a knife in the shoes...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkI I'm going to go to this dinner, say my peace, this will be the end then. No more communication no nothing. And I didn't mean literally walk out on her, well have dinner, talk, then well go our separate ways. I intend to be curt, not bring up what we had, no I love you'd, no I'll miss yous, just bye. I do not see how this can go wrong. I'm eagerly awaiting the results of this. If you don't mind,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkI Pretty much what happened, she calls me last night, I answer like that. I tell her that I would like to see her, sit down, have a neutral conversation, and part ways with no animosity. She agreed, we ended up spending two hours talking on the phone : \\ At the very end I told her I think its best if we dont talk until Wednesday, which is when we are seeing each other, we'll just meet up at the restaurant and go from...
[quote=scourage;4286169] Quote: Originally Posted by kungapa Sure - the slice joints in NYC are better than most cities. Most cities don't even have anything that comes close to Two Boots. But to say they are a similar experience is to do places like DiFara a disservice - Dom DeMarco makes a pie far and above anything Famous Ray's or Two Boots ever put out. -completely agree with this. some places really do stand out. but doesn't mean that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by changy Dom DeMarco is the soup nazi of pizzas He is a decently nice guy, just so painfully slow. But it is tasty. Anthony Mangieri might be the real soup nazi. So hard core and into the game that NYC just wasn't good enough for him anymore - the bastard.
Quote: Originally Posted by scourage nonsense. almost all the pizza in new york is good. yes there are special places that use better ingredients and are really exceptional but the basic slice of cheese sets the standard. it's not fine dining, but local, cheap, dirty pizzerias are a new york classic for good reason. Sure - the slice joints in NYC are better than most cities. Most cities don't even have anything that comes close to Two...
Quote: Originally Posted by scourage is this a real question? in NY? pretty much all the pizza is good. Most of the pizza is shit. The best pizza can be found there though. For Neapolitan: Co and Keste are two newer places with great pies. Grimaldi's and Sally's (the original Harlem one) are two older institutions that still serve decent pizza. I am also partial to Luzzo's truffle-paste margherita. It is a shame the grail pizza...
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Ikea has some shoe trees with a wire spring and plastic ends. They aren't on the same level as cedar trees but they cost $.99 a pair, weigh nothing, and pack easy. In googling them, I found a thread on the fedora lounge where people took issue with the fact that they don't fill out the heel--this is not really an issue. The springs are nowhere near strong enough to have any effect. I don't store my good shoes in...
Or maybe a Prescher triple-axis tourbillon for some virtuoso watchmaking:
An IWC portuguese - classic. But put it on a brown strap instead.