or Connect

Posts by kungapa

I'd vote for a Stowa - less ubiquitous than the Hamilton's, and you are not buying a watch from a big group, but rather from a small independent watchmaker trying to do interesting things (Jorg Schauer, the reviver of the Stowa brand).
1. Boglioli FU K-Jacket IT48. I picked this up recently, and was hoping it would fit. Unfortunately, too big for me. My loss is your gain - the K-jacket is the gold standard of unstructured jackets. 77% linen and 23% silk. $225 S2S: 18" P2P: 21.25" BOC: 29" Sleeves: 25.25"
Really curious about this - did you get some pictures yet?
Regarding ADs and the value chain - I think vertical integration is the next natural step, especially for companies like SWATCH Group. I recently undertook a bit of a study regarding this for school. Although the study focused especially on ETA no longer supplying ebauche and finished movements, it also shed some light on future overall vertical integration. Some numbers to illuminate things: Average finished mechanical movement wholesale cost: CHF120-CHF150 or so,...
Wempe will be the one place to stock it in NYC. If they have one in - they get one every few weeks or so, but they tend to fly out the door rather quickly. At 39.9mm, being used to 36mm watches, it was by and large too big for me, unfortunately.
Late to the game, but I tried on the Weltzeit at Nomos. Too big for me, but absolutely fantastically beautiful watch.
Cerbero Dark Navy Suede Double Monks UK 7 No longer wearing these. Rather worn throughout, but hopefully they can find a home somewhere. $75 [[SPOILER]] Allen Edmonds Macneil longwings US 8 D Not quite fitting right. I stripped and refinished the sole edges – they are now natural colored rather than the original color. $120. [[SPOILER]] Barney’s Rough Suede Chukka Boots US 8 Rough suede chukka boots. Not working with my outfits anymore, unfortunately. Retail was around...
Cerbero Dark Navy Suede Double Monks UK 7 No longer wearing these. Rather worn throughout, but hopefully they can find a home somewhere. $75 [[SPOILER]] Allen Edmonds Macneil longwings US 8 D Not quite fitting right. I stripped and refinished the sole edges – they are now natural colored rather than the original color. $120. [[SPOILER]] Barney’s Rough Suede Chukka Boots US 8 Rough suede chukka boots. Not working with my outfits anymore, unfortunately. Retail was around...
Because then we would all wear quartz watches...
Reading up on Habring, it seems they are using Ebauche movements. Although the ebauche movement industry is currently undergoing a drastic restructuring, it would be safe to assume they use either Sellita or ETA SA. In either case, parts should be easy to come by. [[SPOILER]]