or Connect

Posts by Melvin Udall

Nice shoes! Nice pictures!What kind of shoe trees (without marking) are you using for the handgrades?Found anything that fits the 337-last better than the "Hammargruppen" shoetrees?
What's the fit and sizing of the RL polo coat like? Would you size down for a modern eusopean fit? Or do they run very slim? I'm an italian 52 and usually size down to 50 when I buy top coats. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Great that you started out with a less common model! How does the fit and sizing compare to the C&J 337 last?
I think he looks for something like Sebastian Horsley's style. Remember to post some pictures in WAYWRN! Is this what you are looking for? Why would you dress like this?!
Quote: Originally Posted by Leather man Your Cliffords reveal a kind of deep and broad creasing in the leather itself which comes from "boardy" and lower grade leather. Please consider returning them to Pediwear and see what they or C&J say. Thanks Leather man! I will return the Cliffords to Pediwear and let you all know what they and C&J say. Will tell them what you told me about the leather and hope they solve the problem. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by TKDKid I would suggest using a shoe cream that's lighter in colour than the shoes. I just happened to use neutral cream because I had lots available, and its primary purpose is to prevent the shoe uppers from drying out so the lack of colour doesn't matter. For shoe polish, I would stick to using the C&J tan (it's good stuff anyway) and only use the Saphir light brown occasionally. You are right! I will stick to...
Quote: Originally Posted by TKDKid Looking at your photos again, have you used a darker shoe cream/polish colour than the underlying colour of the leather? I agree it looks almost like it. But I'm using Saphirs light brown cream and polish mostly and have C&J tan polish once or twice. In the can they look much lighter than the shoes are now but the shoes gets darker. Should I be using only neutral?
Quote: Originally Posted by Roman_empire Had the same problem with my handgrades. I tried everything (polishing a lot, to polishing once a month, renovateur, tried wax, cream, with color, incolore etc.). Nothing helped. After a polish they look splendid, within 5 mins of walking the leather was all cracked. I ended up selling the shoes on eBay as I truly hated the look of the leather. I never had a problem with my benchgrades though. I probably won't buy...
I got one of these for my iPhone. I think its great!
Quote: Originally Posted by Roman_empire Had the same problem with my handgrades. I tried everything (polishing a lot, to polishing once a month, renovateur, tried wax, cream, with color, incolore etc.). Nothing helped. After a polish they look splendid, within 5 mins of walking the leather was all cracked. I ended up selling the shoes on eBay as I truly hated the look of the leather. I never had a problem with my benchgrades though. I probably won't buy...