or Connect

Posts by tonylumpkin

Their definition of "mint" seems somewhat liberal to me, but I think eBay is going to be flooded with NOS shoes shortly. i realize these are all from 50 to 70 years ago but, other than Converse, there isn't one brand I recognize. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2836369/Family-unearth-amazing-vintage-shoe-store-locked-decades-inheriting-old-building-footwear-perfect-condition-albeit-little-dusty.html
Has anyone in the US successfully had the gores replaced on RMW chelseas, mine have stretched significantly (they are quite old and much loved). If so, would you mind sharing who did the work for you?
Many, MANY thanks to 33OCK for a VERY generous trade. He has yet to receive anything but my promise to find him something in return and I have received a magnificent McGeorge shawl collar Shetland and a truly lush cashmere crew neck. A really first rate member of this forum!
Leather goods today. A Schlesinger Brothers Top Zip, saddle leather briefcase and a pair of Russell Moccasin Co. boots. Both in excellent condition.
Cross post from the Vintage Clothing thread of some shoes I picked up this weekend.Some, mostly, mint 50-60 year old shoes I picked up today.Allen Edmonds Boot-Skos (sort of the AE version of the Brothel Creeper). These were a regular feature in the AE catalogues from the 50s and 60s, but had disappeared by the early 70s. Tan borhide. [[SPOILER]] NOS Frank Brothers loafers from (I'm guessing) the early 70s. [[SPOILER]] NOS Johnston and Murphy loafers...also appear to be...
Green Barbour quilted vest/liner. Size 44. The liner is used, but in very good condition, with no rips, tears, holes or stains. This is the zip in version used in their current offerings. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A BARBOUR JACKET USING SNAP IN LINERS. Price includes shipping in the CONUS. I will ship outside the US at additional cost.
Green Barbour "Border" jacket. The size is 38. Used, but in very good condition. No rips, tears or holes inside or out. Shipping is included in CONUS. Will ship out of the US at additional cost.
Some, mostly, mint 50-60 year old shoes I picked up today.Allen Edmonds Boot-Skos (sort of the AE version of the Brothel Creeper). These were a regular feature in the AE catalogues from the 50s and 60s, but had disappeared by the early 70s. Tan borhide. [[SPOILER]] NOS Frank Brothers loafers from (I'm guessing) the early 70s. [[SPOILER]] NOS Johnston and Murphy loafers...also appear to be 70s vintage. [[SPOILER]] NOS Allen Edmonds golf shoes. The Fairway model was a...
Nat, any idea on the age of this Sierra label? Its on a down jacket.
Spoo, Any value here? Sorry for the god awful pictures, but I had to shoot them in a window. Seem to be real and made of maybe...cow fur. Size is 7.5.