or Connect

Posts by TheIdler

Maybe you shouldn't call these "BNWT" if you've worn them six times.
La Matandeta would be a really good place to try an authentic paella. It's no more/less touristy than other restaurants around there. Not my favorite in terms of decor but definitely good rice dishes. I don't really know what a "paella tour" is, though. I'd vote to see a bullfight. I personally think they should be outlawed but they are something unique and I really doubt you'll get bored. I think the wearing shorts thing also depends on how old you are. ...
Sounds good. Remember a good paella place will only serve paella at lunch and will have a minimum order of two people. They should bring out the paella in the pan for you to look at before portioning it out onto your plates.First, there is no AVE from Barcelona to Valencia. Second, I don't think a pass will work out well for you, if I understand your timing correctly...IMO makes more sense to just buy the tickets individually.Yeah, there's some good beaches that are...
Hey dude, Sorry I didn't see this thread before! Your overall trip sounds good. It seems like you're thinking about Valencia--I'd say it's worth maybe a day to see some of the Calatrava architecture, including the oceanographic, but the oceanographic itself is hardly worth going out of your way for. It's not as nice as, say, the Monterey Aquarium, but it's OK. I would definitely hit up Girona if you want to get an idea of Catalonia outside of Barcelona, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by DerekS read this before....great stories though...would love to have a beer and sing karaoke with Bob Wiley. (my favorite murray character) If we're going to have beers and sing karaoke, I'm going to go with either John Winger or Carl Spackler.
Awesome. "I'd rather eat possum ass" is my new go-to line.
I lived in NY in the 90's and really grew to like Mike and the Mad Dog. Seemed to have more interesting interviews, better personality mixture, and less exclusive emphasis on the big 3 sports than shows nowadays.
Thread needs more pix.
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Every time I go up to Mammoth I can't help but think of all the places along and off the 395. I have nothing bad to say about Bishop, though. Once you get into Inyo County, all those places further up 395 are cool in a way...Lone Pine, Big Pine, and of course Bishop.
Mojave is pretty depressing, as are Victorville and Adelanto. For aptly named hellholes, how about Boron (world's largest open-pit borax mine) and of course Needles (lots of drugs, plus it was used as the prototype for the computer game Wasteland, yay!).