or Connect

Posts by sugarbutch

I hope not learned via a jolt...
Looks like that self-regulation could use a bit more work...
Ironically, I think it was commissioning a jacket and being pleased with the results that created this situation. I like the result so much that I don't want to waste my time with my previous approach (second-hand RTW for suits/jackets). But it would be comically ill-advised for me to set about commissioning a new wardrobe at $1000-$2000 a pop to replace a closet of stuff that is probably 85-90% there.
I thought it might pass, so I've been waiting to see, but I think I can say definitively that I'm at a stopping point with tailored clothing. I still enjoy wearing a jacket and tie and participating on SF, but I haven't bought anything in a while, and I don't see that changing any time soon. I'm in the difficult position of knowing enough now to be mildly dissatisfied with much of what I have, but realizing that I can't really justify spending the money or time necessary...
4 miles this morning @ 8'40" pace. First time I've had a sustained run under 9'00" in a while. Felt good!
Terrible news, Erik. Sorry to hear it.
Now I'm confused...
I would probably prefer a separated kitchen, but in our small house, I prioritized longer sight lines to avoid the claustrophobia. We have a galley kitchen with upper cabinets, too. I had a more adventurous design which would have incorporated the dining table with a long island projecting out of kitchen into the dining room. Cabinets only on one side of the kitchen with the opposite wall a continuous plane of loveliness. The missus wasn't feeling it because who knows why....
I'm not as troubled by the green tie. I suspect that the IRL subtleties of color and texture would give the the navy trousers a bit more life to stand up to the lively green of the tie.