or Connect

Posts by sfo423

Selected one of the latest Trofeo's by Zegna for the suit and blazer in taupe/brown w/blue windowpane from H&S. Patrick was attentive and seems to have an excellent eye for detail. I had over an hour of personal time with the only interruption being my mobile phone. He made some excellent 'comments" on the custom suit I wore in, and I concurred w/his comments. Looking forward to seeing the final product. I think the suit was about $1700 and the blazer about $900....
What is his price range for a 2 piece suit and for a blazer?
I'm taking a "managed" risk...meeting Chan in the morning for a new suit and a blazer. I'll take my favorite fitting bespoke suit. I'm having him bring the unfinished products back on his next visit for a basted fitting. I'm not in a hurry. I'd prefer a properly fitted suit and I don't see how it can be done w/no second or third fitting. Anyone seen the new Zegna catalog? There is a great lighter gray windowpane; I think maybe molehair. Might go w/that. We'll see. ...
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by sfo423 Can the post originator post a still shot of the 9th frame? I am interested in seeing the brown windowpane sportcoat. I would be happy to but no matter how many times I count to nine (at my age, that's no easy feat) I don't see a brown windowpane. Can you describe the photo a bit more? I just took a screenshot. If you have a better picture and specs on the fabric, please post. Its the coat on the...
Can the post originator post a still shot of the 9th frame? I am interested in seeing the brown windowpane sportcoat.
I came across this picture of an outstanding looking velvet blazer on Alan Flussers website. I think I need one. Short of having one made (probably will not get worn more than 10x / yr.), anyone know of a decent OTR buy?
Quote: The third shoe down, with the floating medallion, is made by Martegani, although the other seem to be Borgioli. I just took delivery of a pair with the medallion, in shell cordovan, from Francos. They are very nice shoes and the fit is excellent. I'm very pleased with them. Can you comment on the sizing (length & width)? Compare to something size-wise that is common (Ferragamo, etc.).
I am looking at some new shoes and am fond of the sleeker look with a slight square toe. Question; look at the pics below and let me know your thoughts on how long until the shoes fall out of style (opinions on favorites too).
Pat Gibbons. Nice guy, nice town car. 415-517-1613 BART is ghetto. Taxi drivers are better, but most have hygene issues. Supper shuttle; Are you serious? Last time I took SS I was on my first job outta college (hence I was poor, or mis-appropriating my income) and that was '89. This is style forum isn't it?
a picture of the fabrics/suits that are displayed in the laest Zegna catalog. I saw the catalog at my tailors, but have not been able to find the selections online. There were some great grays with window pane, almost a brownish green hint. Also some nice dark selections. Can anybody point me to these online?